Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 3    Views: 114

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 02, 2012
Adelaide
07/27/13 06:57 PM (10 years ago)

Startup in Native maps instead of Force open?

Hey guys, I am trying to get my app through rejections and I think this is a big stepping stone if i can get it to work. at the moment my app opens up in the old maps and when you press the info button on the pin it asks you to open "native maps" for the driving locations etc. Is there a way I can have my app startup in the "native maps" straight away? Any help would be greatly appreciated! P.S. if anyone has any websites/people I could talk to as I need a redesign of my splash screen and home screen and I am not talented at all in graphic design! :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/27/13 07:16 PM (10 years ago)
That seems to be the nature of the beast, because you may or may not have a native maps application available to launch. The system will want to ask, and you shouldn't override it. With respect to design, if you can 'picture' what you want, and just can't do it, someone over at fiverr.com might be able to help at a low cost. Wish I could help more, but I'm no designer either; I'm trying to put a fresh coat of paint on my website too, and am getting frustrated by the minute, lol! Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 02, 2012
Adelaide
07/27/13 08:04 PM (10 years ago)
As always, Thanks Smug! Well If I can't change the maps startup I guess I'll just play around with the setting and try and make it load so that it is alot more zoomed in on the user's location instead of showing the whole of Australia!! already jumped on Fiverr! thanks! And lastly, I'm pretty sure it was you that mentioned it, Is it worth looking at how to change my Bundler ID as my app in the past was rejected 3 times? I'm just trying to do everything I possibly can to tweak my app before I try again! Thanks for the help!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/27/13 08:27 PM (10 years ago)
If you want to center your map a bit more effectively before it actually appears, I wrote a little test code that seems to work, it's in this post: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=816109843B94393AF7147C5&fid=63587BC0799311FFF97E447&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=&currentPage=1 They won't be rejecting your app just for the bundle ID. Changing it won't really matter. I have heard that it is better to cancel and resubmit, rather than keep submitting to the same reviewer. I basically kept my app 'functionally' the same, but improved my 'user visual appeal' (basically I redid all the art) and that seemed to make a difference on mine; perhaps some flashy art is all you need. I hope anyway. Let us know how it goes! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.