Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 228

RacinJason
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 13, 2011
Hanover, PA
11/28/11 05:20 PM (12 years ago)

Silly Google Maps question

I have both Google Maps API keys installed in my code. Goodle Maps works as expected in the emulator. Now I have created the sdk of the app and installed to test on my phone, but I only get the pin locations/grid and no map, do I need to submit this to the google market for the release keys to function correctly or am I doing something wrong with the release side of things to get the installed version to function properly? Thanks.

RacinJason
Aspiring developer
Hanover, PA
11/28/11 05:20 PM (12 years ago)
This is on 1.4

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 09, 2011
Pacific Grove, ...
11/29/11 01:07 AM (12 years ago)

steveh6883
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 15, 2011
Gosport, UK
11/29/11 03:22 AM (12 years ago)
Hi 3 things you need to check/change: 1. Android Manifest - as per readme.txt which comes in your package download 2. Act_ActivityBase.java - as per readme.txt which comes in your package download This one is the 'gotcha' and almost always the reason for pins on gray tiles and no map image: 3. **Check your res > layout > screen_locationmap.xml Bet it says - android:apiKey=@string/googleMapsAPIKeyDebug when it should say - android:apiKey=@string/googleMapsAPIKeyRelease (or vice versa) eg if you export the code as signed app for distribution then it needs to be the release key if you export/run for testing debugging then it needs to be the debug key Steve PS Nice bike Jason :)

RacinJason
Aspiring developer
Hanover, PA
11/29/11 06:50 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks guys. I did find the problem which was in the screen_locationmap.xml file which was still pointing to the debug key. Now it's working great. Jason

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.