Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 6    Views: 126

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 02, 2012
Adelaide
03/08/13 01:08 PM (11 years ago)

Rejected second time around

Hey guys, Just got rejected yet again! It seems that they dont like the fact I do not offer the native maps functions, ie driving directions.. I personally want to use that as a update so I can give my buyers something but they want it now. I have put in an appeal saying I will add it but want it as an update, I dont think it will work but can only hope. Now to try and find a way to add driving directions without re-adding all the addresses through BT haha. Will keep you guys posted!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/08/13 01:54 PM (11 years ago)
Apple can be such a pain! I don't think it's so much the maps, but perhaps more native iOS functionality (like Push) or something like that. Either way, keep plugging away!

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
03/08/13 02:06 PM (11 years ago)
what was the rejection based on, can you past the email into a post? Also what is the app that you created?

HerrNathan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 11, 2011
Stirling
03/08/13 02:39 PM (11 years ago)
@Nodderz - can be really frustrating but keep persevering! I had a similar experience in trying to get an app approved after several weeks and rejections based on the app being too much web aggregated content. As @GoNorthWest suggests and addition of some native iOS functionality might be the answer, for me it was adding a quiz. Best of luck!

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 02, 2012
Adelaide
03/08/13 03:23 PM (11 years ago)
My app is a simple one, it shows the locations of all known specific shops throughout australia. It also has the option to contact me through email to add your shop if it doesn't show up already. We found the following issues with the user interface of your app: We noticed your app features limited content and a very limited amount of features.For example, it would be appropriate to use native iOS buttons and iOS features rather than just displaying locations in the Maps app. These examples identify types of issues discovered in your app but may not represent all such issues. It would be appropriate to thoroughly evaluate your app to address these types of issues.

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
03/08/13 04:16 PM (11 years ago)
Hi Nodderz It sounds like your app has to little content and it would be worth adding some extra features, for example, have a more section that includes contact details, twitter link, Facebook link, picture gallery, videos, try and pad it out with some extra content and features. I made this very same mistake with my first ever app. Have you looked at other examples of apps to get more ideas? Do you add further information on the shops, what they sell etc? Apple have high standards, both graphically and user experience, it would be worth spending a little more time to improve your app and you will find you will have your app excepted.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
03/08/13 05:36 PM (11 years ago)
As Dragon says, you have too little content on your app. Make it interactive! Try using Kittsy's carousel or Susan's image menu. Would you download this app? Would others download this app? Just because you may have no competition with your apps, doesn't mean you can sacrifice your user experience. Users will download and delete an app that is too basic. Apple's guidlelines are sometime harsh, but sensible. They are a warning to no app downloads. Apple don't want to clutter their App Store with bad apps. I'm not saying that yours is bad, but Apple can't see that this has the quality to be accepted.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.