Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 206

clognion
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 27, 2011
Lake Charles, L...
11/28/11 04:36 PM (12 years ago)

My best advice: Use Handbrake for Video Encodes

I have been in the video production field for 20 years and I have purchased all the tools to get this job done, but the best I have found is FREE and it is called Hanbrake. Here is a tutorial to get you started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBXRWSjmHRk Now that I have offered up my best advice for video encoding for the web, will someone please tell me if the Android simulator will play video while testing??? Best regards, Chris Lognion

clognion
Lost but trying
Lake Charles, L...
11/28/11 04:38 PM (12 years ago)
Here is the url for the software: http://handbrake.fr/

Paul Rogers
Android Fan
Reg: May 30, 2011
UK
11/28/11 04:42 PM (12 years ago)
It should do if you install a video plugin or have a recent version emulator. Try a search on stackoverflow.com Think of an emulator as a bare bones phone with very few functions. You have to add plugins to it for many everyday phone functions.

ThomasB
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 23, 2011
Palo Alto
11/29/11 12:17 PM (12 years ago)
Never had any luck with Android emulatore. However after a few tests I've come to trust bitsontherun.com, which works for both iOS and Android. I'm going to try Handbrake though. Video very tricky so every tip helps. Probably the biggest issue I'm facing now is, speed of delivery. Videos loaded from Dropbox are at least 10 seconds slower loading compared to video streaming companies. But video streaming hosts cost $ per gigabyte delivered. You get what you pay for.

clognion
Lost but trying
Lake Charles, L...
11/29/11 02:12 PM (12 years ago)
Speed should not be a problem if you follow the advice in the link I sent for utilizing Handbrake. I created an Amazon S3 account and it is pretty fast. It will get faster when I utilize Amazon's CloudFront which pushes the video to regions close to the end user. I believe it is the simulator that was giving me the problem. I may be backing off the phone app project because business catalyst has a feature to create a mobile version of our site. I am looking more into TV apps such as Google TV. I would like to be-friend a developer that can help me out :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.