Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 294

volley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 19, 2011
Amsterdam
01/05/13 03:37 AM (11 years ago)

Rejection of button menu

For your information. App rejected by ITC with button menu. Buttons were 93 x 93 px and had corner rounding set to 10, both for ipad and iphone. Before this was no problem to Apple. So I changed my menu to list with icons, now waiting for new review. From Resolution Center: We found that your app includes a feature, or features, that mimic an iOS interface or behavior, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, your app displays rounded icons similar to the iOS springboard rounded icons. We've included screenshots to help identify the feature/s in question. It would be appropriate to remove or revise these features to make them distinctly different from the iOS behaviors and interfaces to avoid causing user confusion. While the guideline specifies iPod interfaces, the spirit of the guideline includes all iOS interfaces and behaviors.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
01/05/13 04:24 AM (11 years ago)
Apple reviewers are quite inconsistent. Another reviewer might not have rejected it. If the icons looked too much like OS springboard rounded icons because they are very similar design, that is one thing, (ie copying) but if the only thing they have in common is size and shape, then the rejection sounds harsh. I once had an app rejected because they said the metadata describing what the app did didn't match the app. When I asked them to be more specific, the app was approved! It was Christmas after all (lol).

MikeP
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 14, 2012
NYC
01/05/13 06:20 AM (11 years ago)
Had a similar problem with a button menu setup - outlined below. As @AlanMac said - reviewers are consistently inconsistent. Interesting that it was the rounded corners that got it rejected. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=6F68AB6E848584834773932&fid=06DB0BCB08E8888&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1

volley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 19, 2011
Amsterdam
01/05/13 07:25 AM (11 years ago)
Perhaps Apple prefers the Windows 8 looks with square corners ;-) Anyhow I asked them if I could simply change to non rounded corners, but got no reply yet. In the meanwhile I reverted to a list menu with icons. I will try to submit the rounded buttons again sometime to test their consistency. In a way it seems odd to me that Apple wants to monopolize quite common looks like icons with rounded corners. It makes me feel a bit like Samsung. For more info on Apple patents, see: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-r-keith-sawyer/apple-wins-patent-case_b_1834603.html

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.