Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 94

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
07/30/14 08:55 AM (9 years ago)

Beautiful Login / authenticate.php Help

Hello All, I have reached out to a few members personally but i also wanted to see if anyone had experienced this problem. Self Hosted and I am using the Beautiful Login plugin with it connected to the BT control panel. I am using the authenticate.php file found in /plugins/bt_screen_settingsLogIn/authenticate.php My problem is that you can login fine but once you choose a screen outside of a menu screen such as a custom url the app crashes. When you are able to bring the app back up and the plugin recognizes that you are already logged in the app works fine. My gut says it has something to do with the authenticate.php file. My error in Xcode is: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[__NSCFString stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:withString:options:range:]: nil argument' And it brings this up: ret = [ret stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"[userLogInId]" withString:[appDelegate.rootUser userLogInId]]; Any thoughts on what could be causing this? THANK YOU!

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Louisville
07/30/14 10:13 AM (9 years ago)
Also, this only happens when a custom url or custom html screen is called. The BT Strings screen comes up when the app crashes and this is always the last thing in the debugger before crash: BT_strings: mergeBTVariablesInString (before):

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Louisville
07/30/14 11:06 AM (9 years ago)
Also, this only happens when a custom url or custom html screen is called. The BT Strings screen comes up when the app crashes and this is always the last thing in the debugger before crash: BT_strings: mergeBTVariablesInString (before):

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/30/14 08:40 PM (9 years ago)
Did you try sending a Private Message to http://BuzzTouch.com/Chris1 ? Of course, when you have figured it out, please come back and post the solution. -- Niraj

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Louisville
07/31/14 05:34 AM (9 years ago)
I have contacted chris1. I am hoping to hear from him soon. I will certainly post a fix once it's found.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
09/10/14 03:57 PM (9 years ago)
did anything happen here? bought the plugin and have crashes as well. normal login plugin works, this one with the same data crashes!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.