Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 128

Jason1237
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Edmonton
01/21/12 12:12 PM (12 years ago)

Quiz help

Hello, I am a new user looking to create a quiz based app. My app will collect yes or no answers to a series of questions and then provide the user with a summary of the results. Is this beyond the capabilities of Buzztouch? I have spent some time learning the basics of Buzztouch and it doesn't appear to have this feature. Does anyone have suggestions on how to create this app using Buzztouch as much as possible. I don't have any experience using code but I am a fairly quick learner with computers. Thanks, Jason

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 09, 2011
Pacific Grove, ...
01/24/12 01:35 AM (12 years ago)
Hi Jason, buzztouch is pretty special in that you own the code created through our control panel and you can do whatever you want with it once you have it. So with that in mind you are only really limited in what you can do by your coding skill. ( Or by the coding skill of someone you hire. ) Also buzztouch is really flexible in that it can connect and interact with different and powerful technologies. For example: You could create a Custom HTML screen using a Form to gather data entered by your apps users. This data could then be sent to a database where it is stored. You can then use another screen to access the data in the database and return it as your quiz summary screen. Lots of possibilities if you're willing to do a bit of work. I would recommend joining the Early Adopter Program. You can do so by clicking the My Account tab at the top of the page and then following the sign up link on the right side of the page. Then play around with the available v1.5 screens. After you get comfortable have a look through the Help section and this here forum and you'll begin to pick up on the more advanced concepts.

Jason1237
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Edmonton
01/26/12 12:05 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely sign up for the early adopter program and see where the project goes from there. Jason

MQCMobile
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Oklahoma
01/26/12 03:44 PM (12 years ago)
One question about the JSON output for the quiz. Does the order of the correct and incorrect answers need to be exactly as described? I know the rest of the string needs to be exact, but I was wondering about the answer strings. Thanks.

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 09, 2011
Pacific Grove, ...
03/05/12 11:24 PM (12 years ago)
Hi maune12, I believe the order should remain as described and that the quiz will randomize the displayed order of the possible answers. But please do a quick check just in case I'm wrong.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.