Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 2    Views: 184

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/22/13 08:12 PM (10 years ago)

Caching insight needed please

I have noticed that the Cache gets erased each time the BT Configuration file is updated. That means the User has to wait for each screen of photos and PDFs and Docs to be downloaded again. Even though none of those files had changed, on ply the BT Config file had changed. Several questions: 1. Is there a way to not clear-out the Cache when the config file is updated? 2. Is there a way to selectively update only the changed files? 3. Can the updated files be automatically downloaded into the app? 4. With the arrival of iOS 7, I hear content can be updated as a background process. How will that capability fit into the BuzzTouch framework? I know, sorry, I was on a roll with my questions! :-) -- Niraj

BuzzingSteve
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Vancouver, Cana...
07/22/13 10:01 PM (10 years ago)
@Niraj. Great questions :-)

Warren Evans
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 28, 2012
Effingham IL
07/28/13 03:04 PM (10 years ago)
Niraj - Here's your answer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCGiuXHWmdg I'm going to add a forum post with this link as well. Thanks!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.