Discussion Forums  >  Meetups, Hang Outs, and Events

Replies: 17    Views: 96

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
08/20/13 10:09 PM (10 years ago)

Buzztouch India Meetup and / or Hang Out!

Hello everyone, I see that recently Buzztouch has many developers registered from India. Most of the users from India here on Buzztouch are new / aspiring developers and i am sure they like the idea of creating apps with the help of Buzztouch core projects both for iOS and Android. I dont have any previous experience of holding either meetup or hangout but i would like to have a meetup arranged at Pune in comimg 2-3 weeks. So anyone here willing to come and join me at Pune? @akshay lives in Pune. Would like to know about other users who either come from Pune or nearby area. In case users from different state are interested then we can have a google hang out arranged in place of a meetup. Do inform me about what you guys think about this idea. Looking forward for your replies and suggestions if any.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/20/13 10:50 PM (10 years ago)
This is so cool, Sandeep! I wish I could make it. You all will have so much fun!

Akshay
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 07, 2013
Pune ,India
08/21/13 12:33 AM (10 years ago)
Whoa!! i am poor organizer but you can ask me to make few things fall in place... i dont even mind meetup in mumbai. One fellow in my colony has already joined buzztouch recently.so he ll also probably jump in..we should probably have a discussion forum or a chatroom or atleast a whats app group for indian buzztouchers cheers

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/21/13 01:14 AM (10 years ago)
@Susan- even i wish you could make it. But dont worry, this will be the first meetup if everything goes well and there would be lot more meetups in the future. I am sure one day you and David will make it to India and bless us with your presence. @Akshay- i will be in Pune for couple of days anyway so, its not going to be a problem for me. But i would like to see more users willing to attend this meetup. If users from other state show their willing to participate then we can arrange for meetup at pune and also have a google hangout session with them at the same time. If no one shows up then at least we 3 (you, your friend and myself) can start the meetup. Every big thing start with a small beginning. Your idea of having a Whatsapp Indian BTers group is really excellent. We would need to collect phone numbers to create such a group on Whatsapp. This will help us getting in touch with other Indian BTers. Lets see how other users respond to this thread. Fingers crossed.

Akshay
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 07, 2013
Pune ,India
08/21/13 05:41 AM (10 years ago)
Every big thing start with a small beginning. !!! m any time ready.you shall also come at my place. i stay in bibwewadi(city pride satara road). my tablet no 9595552422

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/21/13 08:57 AM (10 years ago)
Once you establish a date, time, and place, I can look through the BT user list to find recent users and then notify them about the Meetup by email. Not everyone who is interested may be watching the forum.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/21/13 09:32 AM (10 years ago)
@Akshay- Thats really nice. I will be staying at my cousins house at Kothrud, Karve Statue. We can look towards meeting either at my cousins house, your house or at Swargate, coz that would be the in center of both the places. @Susan- That would be great help from you. I agree that most of the people interested might not be visiting the forum oftenly. Now the only thing remaining is to fix up the date and time for meetup. I will come up with the exact date by tomorrow and inform you guys about it.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/21/13 10:03 AM (10 years ago)
Very cool, @Sandeep! I would LOVE to attend your meetup! I've always wanted to visit India...looking at doing that in the next couple of years with my daughter. If there's anything I can do to help you with your meetup, please don't hesitate to ask! Mark

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/21/13 08:39 PM (10 years ago)
We too will be pleased to have you in our meetup. You have been super helpful to all of us since start and still are helping thousands of new users to get educated. I hope i get a chance to meet you when you pay a visit here. Thanks for your words.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
08/29/13 09:51 PM (10 years ago)
@Sandeep: We can't thank you enough for taking the time to think of this. Let alone get it together, the idea that you're thinking of it is awesome!!!! I would LOVE to come to India. I have no idea when that could happen but for sure it's on my top 10 places I wish I could visit list. I can't imagine heading over with a friend (or friends thanks to you) in mind. I'm not sure how we can help you get this first hang-out together but if you can think of something, let us know. The most obvious thing is the dates. If you settle on a date and place we'll get it posted at the top of the forum :-) Thinking of India...appreciating your generosity.... Go Get em! d.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/29/13 10:13 PM (10 years ago)
Hello David, Thanks for taking a look at this post and then replying it showing your support for this approach. I see that there are many devs registered from India and thought someone need to take initiative step towards organizing all the members from India. The place is settled for at Pune. One of the leading IT hub in India specially for Android development. The only thing remaining to settle for is the date on which we shall have hangout. Festive seasons are on here so its sort of difficult to settle for dates. I have the 1st week of sept on my mind probably 5th or 6th. As you see only @akshay has responded to this post and shows his willingness to have a hangout i think there is nothing difficult to organize this hangout. It will probably be a 3 person hangout. The idea of posting thread on forum is really good. It will attract attention of other users and hope they too would participate this hangout. We would love to see you coming to India someday too. Yes you can count on us to make arrangements when you decide to come here.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
08/29/13 10:53 PM (10 years ago)
Awesome. If you make it a few weeks out we can help drum up some attention? Not sure. Or, maybe you'll get a small group, which could be better, to start off. If you nail down the 5th or 6th we'll add it to the top of the forum. SO COMING TO INDIA some day. I have UK, Germany, and a few other Europe stops...India is on the list. Maybe Europe in Feb? and India in May? 2014. I'll keep thinking about it and figure out way to make this happen.... Cheers from Monterey... d.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/29/13 11:04 PM (10 years ago)
That would be great. As i said earlier there is festive season going on here. The Ganesh festival will start on 9th sept. It would be good idea to have the meetup after the Ganesh festival gets over. It ends on 20th sept. so the fourth or fifth weekends of sept is perfect. Coz again next festival will start after span of 16 days (Durga festival). This would give enough time to make the announcement and help get some more members. Thanks for suggesting this. I hope more users will show their willingness to attend this hangout and it would be more fruitful if more users attend. I will talk with @akshay (he is locally from pune) and discuss about making arrangements and decide the fixed date for this hangout. May 2014... that would be perfect coz we have summer vacations here at that time and many users can come and join you at that time. That would be great. The summer vacations start from 2nd or 3rd week of April and end on 1st or 2nd week of June. I think this information might help you in planning your trip here.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
08/29/13 11:06 PM (10 years ago)
May. On the calendar!!! I'll start saving for a ticket. Late here...catcha again soon... d.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/29/13 11:08 PM (10 years ago)
OK. That would be really great. Looking forward to meet you personally. Thanks...

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
08/31/13 06:50 PM (10 years ago)
I have always wanted to travel to India..and if given the chance to travel with such an awesome community (hopefully people will start to jump on board with wanting to travel may 2014), I think it would be a life changing experience for everyone.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/31/13 07:44 PM (10 years ago)
So true, @WaSTiiD! I can say that I never regret money spent on travel, especially when it involves meeting others in the Buzztouch Community.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/31/13 07:51 PM (10 years ago)
@ WaYsTiiD and @ Susan, i agree with both of you. It would be really awesome if more and more guys willing to come and meet with us, share your experience, and have a good hang out in May when David pays a visit here. I too will need to start saving some money for arranging this event...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.