Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 111

Aldircks
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2012
Melbourne
10/13/12 04:07 PM (11 years ago)

iphone5 ios6 - email bug

Got a rejection today stating when we attempted to use features that leverage SMS or Email, we received an error alert along with screenshots which say that "Sending emails are not supported on this device". Needless to say my iphone4 works fine with ios6 as does xcode simulator Any clues (or commiserations)??

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
10/13/12 10:33 PM (11 years ago)
Edit: nevermind

Aldircks
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2012
Melbourne
10/24/12 02:46 PM (11 years ago)
An interesting outcome - I simply deleted, made a couple of minor cosmetic changes and re-submitted and it sailed through! This doesn't give me confidence in the objectivity and reliability of the apple review process.

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
10/24/12 09:02 PM (11 years ago)
The Apple review process is pretty much known for being unpredictable and inconsistent. What you did there is a common trick used by many though - deleting and re-submitting an app means you will most likely get a different reviewer. The chances are pretty slim that two different reviewers are going to nitpick about the same thing. Congrats on the approval - you should start a thread about it in the approval section

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.