Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 6    Views: 212

KRima
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 27, 2013
Sydney
03/12/13 06:49 PM (11 years ago)

First App - First rejection

Binary Rejected 10.6: Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good it may be rejected. 10.6 We found the user interface of your app is not of sufficient quality to be appropriate for the App Store. Apps that provide a poor user experience are not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, we noticed your app does not take advantage of the iOS platform. It would be appropriate to add iOS specific UI and functionality rather than displaying just PDF files. Please evaluate whether you can make the necessary revisions to improve the user experience of your app. Alternatively, you may wish to consider building a web app using HTML5. HTML5 is the major new version of HTML and enables audio and video to play natively in the browser without requiring proprietary plug-ins. Using HTML5, web apps look and behave like native iPhone and iPad apps, and using HTML5's Offline Application Cache, your web apps work even when the device is offline. With web apps, you have flexibility to deliver as much or as little functionality as you desire. If you wish to build an HTML5 web app, you can do so and distribute it directly from your web site. It is not appropriate to submit an HTML5 web app to the App Store. To get started with iPhone or iPad web apps, please review Getting Started with iPhone Web Apps. For a description of the HTML elements and attributes you can use in Safari on iPhone, check out Safari HTML Reference: Introduction.

KRima
Apple Fan
Sydney
03/12/13 06:53 PM (11 years ago)
I completely understand where Apple are coming from and i had a look on these forums why others got rejected and i need to do something to fix it. My App is a learn to read Qur'an App which is basically learning to read arabic and is an educational app. Why then is it important to use IOS native functionality? Its meant to be simple and all ive done is loaded in the content which i already have and made PDFs and loaded them in. My app on BT is called The Prophetic Recitation. Search it and have a look. If i add a quiz to you think that will get me through or contact us through email or something? What else can i do for them to approve it because i have no idea what HTML5 is and it sounds like they are trying to get the app that way.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/12/13 07:08 PM (11 years ago)
HTML5 is an advanced form of HTML, or Web Page. Additional 'Apple' features that 'enhance' the product are always advised. Because Apple has a 'moving target' with respect to 'what constitutes an app' there is really no way to prepare well, other than to load it up and hope for the best. I completely understand your frustration; I recently had an app rejected due to it's 'simplicity', where simplicity was the goal. As my anger slowly subsides, I plan to make it a little prettier, and add a few more features that (hopefully) will appease the snooty reviewers. Good luck on Round Two, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help! Cheers! -- Smug

KRima
Apple Fan
Sydney
03/12/13 08:00 PM (11 years ago)
Smug. Thank you for your reply and i may have to make amendments to the interface and make it look completely different and add some features and give it another go. Thanks again.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
03/12/13 08:35 PM (11 years ago)
The process is highly subjective. But it never hurts to improve your app. The quiz will help. It seems like a quiz would fit the topic really well too.

KRima
Apple Fan
Sydney
03/12/13 09:26 PM (11 years ago)
yeah i was thinking of adding a quiz, an email us button with questions, and a few splash screens. Maybe that will get me over the line. Thanks.

HerrNathan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 11, 2011
Stirling
03/13/13 01:32 PM (11 years ago)
@KRima, Just to echo what @Susan has suggested. I had similar problems when submitting my first app and, after it was rejected, I added a quiz and re submitted it and it was approved! It can be very frustrating especially when you see similar approved apps. Best of luck.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.