Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 207

Yeshu Agarwal
Android Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
location unknow...
01/21/12 11:39 PM (12 years ago)

Lost keystore

I had uploaded my app to Android Market buzztouch 1.4 some time ago. Today I updated the app, but I had deleted the previous keystore and created new. Now market says, that The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version. But I don't have this certificate, and don't want to delete and upload once again the application, because it have active users. What can I do to sign app with new certificate? Some guys had suggested me extract certificate using jar keytools but i don't know, how to use it this link http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/keytool.html Please help me . .. .

First Run Publishi...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 07, 2011
Highland, Calif...
01/23/12 03:17 AM (12 years ago)
I have a similar problem. I have all of the original files but I don't know how to locate my certificate. When I tried uploading the update I get the following error message: The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
01/23/12 02:54 PM (12 years ago)
Two problems: Recovering deleted keystore - Unless you reformated the hard drive, it's probably still on there somewhere. Go to your pc guru or search web for details. Locating keystore - use the search files on your computer. Fred

First Run Publishi...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 07, 2011
Highland, Calif...
01/23/12 07:48 PM (12 years ago)
Fortunately my Mac backed it up and I was able to recover it.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
01/23/12 08:00 PM (12 years ago)
:-) Nice Nows the time to: Backup the Keystore Post a copy of the Keystore to Dropbox, your Mac can disappear/be stolen/how many way can your Mac leave? Fred

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.