Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 2    Views: 101

yenael
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
Detroit
10/28/13 05:38 AM (10 years ago)

How Does BuzzTouch determine small device image vs large device image

When I am entering my images for menus and screens, the control panel always allows two images, one for small and one for large. Does anyone know BT's cutoff dimensions for a small device vs. a large device?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/28/13 07:08 AM (10 years ago)
It's not BT's cutoffs, so to speak, it's the device standards. For the iOS stuff, small screen = iphone, big screen = iPad. I think the mini screen is an iPad screen scaled, but that's a guess. For the Android stuff, the screen size cutoff (greater than 600 dp) is found in BT_device.java Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
11/18/16 09:44 AM (7 years ago)
Say, in the Buzztouch build I am working with, you can change the small vs. large device width on line 107 and 299 in BT_device.java. I am working with the Menu Image Buttons, and making the number bigger makes Android work more like iOS in choosing a large vs. small device. I set it to 1200 in both places.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.