Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 131

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
01/19/12 06:31 AM (12 years ago)

Android screen resolution

I searched around, but didn't find anything specific in the forums or help files. I'm converting my first app from iOS to Android, and I'm not sure how to format the graphics (header image, etc) since there seems to be a wide variety of screen resolutions for Android devices. I read their developer documentation which gave a lot of info regarding varying sizes and resolutions and dot density, but I wasn't sure how BuzzTouch coded the scaling of graphics. I guess the bottom line question would be, what is the best (safest) pixel width to use for small and large devices. For example, when I use 320px on a small iOS device, I know its going to look good. But on the Android, it will depend on the devices specs, right? Thanks for any insight to a Android newbie. And look forward to more questions to come, lol.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
01/19/12 05:34 PM (12 years ago)
I've not play much with the different screen sizes, still perfecting my apps on a 3.5 screen. I would suggest some trial and error with various sizes. Read the BTv1.5 documentation in the Help section. Post your results.

Annonymous
01/20/12 12:01 AM (12 years ago)
Yeah, I am just learning this too and as Fred suggested, there is some trial and error involved. I have been setting all of my graphics for medium density - 160 dpi HVGA (320x480) Seems to be working okay, but on larger devices, you can see some artifacts in the images. Android image preparation is much more complicated than iOS though. It will be interesting to see if there is a standard that would work on most devices, rather than trying to optimize for each one.

birwin
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 29, 2010
location unknow...
01/20/12 12:02 AM (12 years ago)
Yeah, I am just learning this too and as Fred suggested, there is some trial and error involved. I have been setting all of my graphics for medium density - 160 dpi HVGA (320x480) Seems to be working okay, but on larger devices, you can see some artifacts in the images. Android image preparation is much more complicated than iOS though. It will be interesting to see if there is a standard that would work on most devices, rather than trying to optimize for each one.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.