Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 7    Views: 145

Honcho
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 23, 2012
Melbourne
02/15/13 02:49 AM (11 years ago)

Valentines Day rejection - app not sexy enough !

No roses, no chocolates and no love from Apple on Valentines Day - my first app submission was rejected with the all too familiar (of late) reason of "not enough native iOS functionality". I think I suspected this may be the outcome having read of other Buzztouch devs reporting rejections recently. I have several screens that are menus showing information that would be better handled by UIPickers so I think I'll need to create a custom plugin - has anyone had success in incorporating a "Picker" into a BT app ?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/15/13 03:08 AM (11 years ago)
Kittsy has created some very impressive plugins... perhaps one might satisfy...? Cheers! -- Smug

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
02/15/13 06:11 AM (11 years ago)
@smug thanks for the plug and praise Pickers are pretty easy to set up when you know how to. read a few tutorials on stack overflow and mobiletutsplus. Why would a picker be better? I'd shamelessly plug the Buzz Carousel plugin, set it to vertical scrolling on wheel carousel, slide accross transition. What is the menu set up?

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
02/15/13 06:38 AM (11 years ago)
Hey @Honcho, Don't give up it's time for you to "bring sexy back" to Apple..lol LA

Honcho
Aspiring developer
Melbourne
02/16/13 01:17 AM (11 years ago)
OK @Kittsy you've got me - I've installed your Carousel plugin and have started creating some graphics as this will indeed be a good solution for at least part of the app. I'll raise a new post again soon with the explanation of what I need from a UIPicker if I can't find a solution myself from online tutorials. Thanks for the responses @LA and @Smug. Honcho.

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
02/19/13 04:34 AM (11 years ago)
Honcho... I was working on a picker plugin myself. I don't know what you might need exactly but if you give me a general idea on what kind of data you want in it and any other details, my solution might be able to cover yours...

Honcho
Aspiring developer
Melbourne
02/19/13 01:50 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the interest WebNeeves - as you can see Kittsy has also offered a hand and I have implemented his Carousel plugin for some components of the app. I was going to raise another forum post after I had a chance to do some research but I'm having trouble finding time to get to it. Summary - I want a single screen with a text box in the top half that uses a reference from a picker in the bottom half to display information. For instance the picker has a list of "Years" and depending on the selection the info box displays "Best Film Oscar winner" (not what my app is about by the way). This is why a 'menu' plugin doesn't quite fit with what I'm after for this part. I want it all on one screen rather than click a menu item to go to another. Make sense ?

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
02/20/13 12:18 AM (11 years ago)
Yes I got it... Thanks. I'll have a go at it this week hopefully. Good Luck. Oh and I think Kittsy has got great plugins that each one might get you out of the problems with apple. It's good if you found a place for them.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.