Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 5    Views: 415

Lyle @SFNeNT
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Apr 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
12/14/13 05:43 PM (10 years ago)

Webview iOS not opening camera

I have a app that points to a url, using custom url as my main screen. I also allow my users to upload photos from the camera roll or take a new photo and upload to the site. For some odd reason everything was working good in the development stage of the app as far as when a user hits choose file the choice to pick camera or camera roll would come up. Now that the app is on the App Store this feature is not working. The question is if anyone has a idea of what could cause this.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/14/13 09:36 PM (10 years ago)
Hmm… Were you testing in 'Debug' mode, and the 'Live' mode hasn't been published? Did you publish in Debug mode, and change something that immediately propagated to your apps 'in the wild' ? Do you have multiple 'archived' copies, and possibly published the incorrect one? (I know it sounds crazy, but I've come close to doing that…) Was it tested on a simulator and not a device? Was it tested on an iOS6 device, and it doesn't work on iOS7? Is it a 'recreation' of a BTv2 app in BTv3? *something* changed, otherwise it would behave correctly. The thing that needs to be done is narrow down 'what' changed between 'working' and 'now' to isolate the cause. Cheers! -- Smug

Lyle @SFNeNT
buzztouch Evangelist
Chicago, IL
12/18/13 12:42 PM (10 years ago)
I realized I published the app to the App Store in design mode, do you think this is the problem? I now fixed the cofig data and will be pushing a update out.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
12/18/13 01:58 PM (10 years ago)
It won't be a problem as long as you're very careful around your control panel. But the next binary update, you'll want to correct that. Cheers! -- Smug

Lyle @SFNeNT
buzztouch Evangelist
Chicago, IL
12/19/13 10:57 AM (10 years ago)
Tried no luck.. whats happening is in the webview there is a button to choose a file. this used to give a option to either use the camera to take a pic or choose one from your camera roll...now it just goes directly to camera roll..here is the app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/selfiesocial/id775592519?mt=8

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
12/21/13 05:07 PM (10 years ago)
"Used to give an option" meaning in BTv2 as opposed to BTv3? If it 'used' to work in BTv2, and now does not work in BTv3, try and document the issue as detailed as possible, and let Chris (stobe) or one of the engineers know, so it can be put on the list if verified as a true bug. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.