Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 8    Views: 218

Conundrum
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 11, 2011
Chatham, NJ
09/11/11 03:52 PM (12 years ago)

link to i tunes and or amazon

does anyone have a link that i can put on my app for a song that will take to a site offering the option to buy songs either from i tunes or the app store?

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
09/11/11 04:44 PM (12 years ago)
You can sign up at http://www.linkshare.com/ and get commissions on any iTunes or other purchases you link to. If you just want a link to a song in iTunes, use their link maker: http://itunes.apple.com/linkmaker/

Conundrum
Code is Art
Chatham, NJ
09/11/11 05:32 PM (12 years ago)
thanks is there such thing for amazon for the droid

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Gold River, CA
09/11/11 05:35 PM (12 years ago)
There probably is, but I haven't looked.

Conundrum
Code is Art
Chatham, NJ
09/12/11 04:57 AM (12 years ago)
ok...here is the thing...I created an app for (at the moment) a rock and roll group, very simple, yet kinda cool, besides all the info here and there i put all the discography and i wanted to add a link and or html to connect to a store in this case i tunes. here No problem..now i do own also a droid and i am waiting for the 15th to dowload and deploy this app on my droid and put it in the droid market, the problem is that i know i cant use the I tunes store on a droid phone so here are my questions: 1) can i put the link for both (iphone & droid) for both the i tunes store and amazon music at the same time? so far is working on my iphone but as adhoc i dont know if they will say no you cant have amazon store here or there once i submit it to the store 2) is there any way for me to on the 1 app in buzztouch..that i used to generate both codes (droid & Iphone) to diversify the links? I do know that the one solution is to create another app specifically for the droid but..not only will take m lots of time but...it will make me realize again that I am OLD (all the guys in the band are senior citizens and i went to one of their concerts (as a baby) back in the years after Woodstock)

Conundrum
Code is Art
Chatham, NJ
09/12/11 06:47 AM (12 years ago)
something else... reading and reading i saw something about IAP functionality does anyone knows what is that?

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Gold River, CA
09/12/11 07:06 AM (12 years ago)
You could create a couple html pages with the store links -- one for amazon and one for itunes -- then have a html page that checks which browser is accessing the file and redirects to the appropriate store page. I've been considering this myself, just haven't tried it. Here's an example of a store I made that links to the itunes songs (need to look on mobile for effect): http://mgoblue.jc-evans.com/store/store.html

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Gold River, CA
09/12/11 07:11 AM (12 years ago)
IAP is In App Purchase - giving users the ability to purchase additional content within your app. Urban Airship (http://urbanairship.com/products/in-app-purchase/) has a pretty good set up to do this. It's a bit complicated to get integrated though. You'll definitely need some xcode skills.

Conundrum
Code is Art
Chatham, NJ
09/12/11 07:22 AM (12 years ago)
so i am doomed .... i know i will not have any problem submitting to the droid market, is when submitting to the app market that i think i could get rejected for something i read named SaaS and apple not supporting Software As A Service, applications. I think i just going to have to create a separate one for the droid and avoid rejections

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.