Discussion Forums  >  SDK Partners

Replies: 29    Views: 224

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
Reg: Nov 07, 2013
London
11/12/13 10:35 AM (10 years ago)

Make money with Avocarrot SDK & special offer for Buzztouch users

Hi all, Thanks for welcoming Avocarrot to Buzztouch and we're super excited to be part of the community. Avocarrot helps mobile app developers to make more money by transforming ads into engaging and native rewards for in-app achievements. For example, get a free coffee for completing a new level in a game or a free energy drink for completing a workout in a fitness app. Every time a user redeems a reward you get paid. Simple! Why should you care? ------------------------------------------ 1. Maximize revenues - Higher eCPM than conventional monetization solutions. Consistent monthly payments. 2. Forget about annoyed users - Do not annoy your users with banner ads, reward them instead. 3. Native technology - Customize the reward screen to match the rest of your app and create a seemless user experience. Keep in mind that Avocarrot can be used along with other ad networks you're currently using which means that you can keep all your existing revenues and make even more! ** Limited time offer for Buzztouch users ** As a thank you for welcoming us, we have a special offer for Buzztouch users. If you sign-up in November 2013 you can keep 100% of your app revenues for the next 3 months. Visit the following link to sign up and claim your bonus: http://avocarrot.com/buzztouch-100/

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
11/12/13 11:17 AM (10 years ago)
any examples of a seem less user experience or screenshots of the sdk

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 11:19 AM (10 years ago)
Hi EdReyes. I wanted to upload some images in the original post but I couldn't do it. You can see some examples here: http://avocarrot.com/docs/

BigAnth
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 25, 2012
Sunderland
11/12/13 01:01 PM (10 years ago)
Attempting to put it into 3 of my Apps - might need some assistance ill start of by asking, are there any guides to adding this to a quiz app ?

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 01:06 PM (10 years ago)
Hi BigAnth, We can help you out don't worry:) You can get in touch with our support team at [email protected]. Also, we are on Skype at "avocarrot". There isn't a specific guide for Quiz apps but the integration is pretty much the same for all the apps. Check out the guide for Buzztouch at http://www.avocarrot.com/docs/#/buzztouch If you need assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. George

BigAnth
Aspiring developer
Sunderland
11/12/13 01:27 PM (10 years ago)
"copy and paste this code within the method where the achievement is completed" If its a high score do you add this to the BT_screen_quiz.m ? and should it look like this // Create a new StoryObject AVStoryObject *storyObject = [[AVStoryObject alloc] initWithObjectName:@"high_score"]; // Call this method to create this new story [[AvocarrotSDK sharedInstance] createStorywithModalInView:self.view action:@"achieved" object:storyObject andHeadline:@"Congratulations for achieving a new high score"]; If that is the case i dont get any sample ads

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 01:31 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, that's correct. When the user completes the quiz and they have achieved a new high score you call the "createStorywithModalInView" method. You should get a sample reward back.

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 01:32 PM (10 years ago)
Oops just noticed that you didn't get anything back. Do you get any errors in the console?

BigAnth
Aspiring developer
Sunderland
11/12/13 01:35 PM (10 years ago)
Do i have to achieve a high score for this to happen - i thought it would just get a sample ad while in sandbox? no errors in console

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 01:41 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, you should have gotten back a sample reward. It might help to implement the AVModalDelegate to inspect lifecycle events and see if the modal is failing for any reason. To implement the delegate: 1. Add "AVModalDelegate" to your class definition e.g. @interface AppDelegate : UIResponder <UIApplicationDelegate, AVModalDelegate> 2. Set you controller as the delegate using: [[AvocarrotSDK sharedInstance] setModalDelegate:self]; 3. Implement the delegate method "didFailInModalWithError:" e.g. -(void)didFailInModalWithError:(NSError *)error{ NSLog(@"Error is: %@", error); } Now we should be able to see if the modal is failing.

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 01:43 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, you should have gotten back a sample reward. It might help to implement the AVModalDelegate to inspect lifecycle events and see if the modal is failing for any reason. To implement the delegate: 1. Add "AVModalDelegate" to your class definition e.g. @interface AppDelegate : UIResponder <UIApplicationDelegate, AVModalDelegate> 2. Set you controller as the delegate using: [[AvocarrotSDK sharedInstance] setModalDelegate:self]; 3. Implement the delegate method "didFailInModalWithError:" e.g. -(void)didFailInModalWithError:(NSError *)error{ NSLog(@"Error is: %@", error); } Now we should be able to see if the modal is failing.

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 01:45 PM (10 years ago)

BigAnth
Aspiring developer
Sunderland
11/12/13 01:59 PM (10 years ago)
Right over my head, im using a project i have already downloaded from self host and so i haven't "ticked" the avocarrot box before downloading the source - would this cause an issue ?

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 02:04 PM (10 years ago)
As far as I know, no it shouldn't cause any problems. Do you mind if we move this conversation to Skype or live chat so I can give you faster and more detailed responses? Our skype id is avocarrot. If you prefer the live chat just visit the website and you'll see it at the footer of the page.

BigAnth
Aspiring developer
Sunderland
11/12/13 02:37 PM (10 years ago)
can i just add - the help/service provided by George was fantastic - Dead easy to implement i just wish i read the instructions properly haha Thanks George

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/12/13 03:09 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad I could help:)

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
11/13/13 03:02 PM (10 years ago)
Is this google compliant?

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/13/13 03:10 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, it's google compliant.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
11/13/13 11:04 PM (10 years ago)
Can you help me implement this for my BT_screen_quiz.java also. I'm not sure where to start.Do I add the Avocarrot.init(this, "YOUR_API_KEY"); to BT_activity_base.java?or BT_activity_root.java Im using android version 2.3.3 also why and where do I add this <application android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/AppTheme" android:name=".App" > in the manifest. I dont understand the purpose.

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
11/14/13 01:28 AM (10 years ago)
Hi CMCOFFEE, You can initialize the SDK in any of your activities. Preferably the one that is called first. You don't need the manifest change unless you create an Application class which I believe it's not your case. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] if you need more help. George

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
11/14/13 05:59 PM (10 years ago)
Ok thank you I will contact the support team if need it.thanks again

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
11/25/13 11:32 AM (10 years ago)
@George Eracleous... You seem to be based in London. Why not come along to the Buzztouch oxford meetup this Thursday? We often have a really great group involved... and it would be the perfect time to talk a little bit about how this can enhance the app. So here's the details: Thursday 28th November 2013 16:00 - 18:00 (with a pint or two) Berlitz Language Centre 131 High Street Oxford OX1 4DH

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
12/17/13 10:43 AM (10 years ago)
Is avocarrot for android and iOS?

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
12/17/13 10:46 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Mike, Yes, Avocarrot supports both iOS and Android. iOS docs: http://avocarrot.com/docs/#/ios Android docs: http://avocarrot.com/docs/#/android Keep in mind that we have a helpful guide for BT users: http://avocarrot.com/docs/#/buzztouch George

Moestress
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 12, 2012
Lynwood
01/26/14 11:18 AM (10 years ago)
Hello, I have a question. I want to reward my app users for using the notepad feature / writing goals. How can I implement avocarrot in my app? Do I add the code to my layout activities xml for example notepad_feature.xml or do I add it else where? Im a bit confused about adding the actual code.

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
01/26/14 11:30 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Moestress, Thanks for your message. You need to call the SDK function at the point in your code where you intend to display the reward screen. So for example when a user finishes writing their notes/goals you can call Avocarrot at that point. Did you have a look at the documentation at http://avocarrot.com/docs? You can get in touch with our support team at [email protected] if you have more questions.

Moestress
Android Fan
Lynwood
01/26/14 05:31 PM (10 years ago)
Hey George, thanks for the link. I will be sure to read everything to make sure I dont run into any issues.

Moestress
Android Fan
Lynwood
01/26/14 08:15 PM (10 years ago)
Okay, Here we are. I believe I need a bit more assistance. Firstly when I call the activity do I copy this entire code and add it to the BT_Activity_Start.java file? ( First screen that is loaded) public class MainActivity extends Activity { @Override public void onCreate() { // Your existing code... //Avocarrot SDK Initialization Avocarrot.init(this, "YOUR_API_KEY"); } } or Do I only add //Avocarrot SDK Initialization Avocarrot.init(this, "YOUR_API_KEY"); } } Then on the notepad_feature.java do I add this entire code? // Create a new StoryObject StoryObject obj = new StoryObject("YOUR_OBJECT"); // Call this method to create this new story Avocarrot.getInstance().createStory(MainActivity.this, "YOUR_ACTION", obj, "YOUR_HEADLINE", new Avocarrot.PopupDismissedListener() { @Override public void onDismiss(boolean gotReward) { // Popup Dismissed! } }); I am a newbie so I need a bit more assitance vs. Oh just add this to that. I keep receiving errors and its becoming a bit frustrating. Any additional help is greatly appreciated. I would like to load a reward after the user uses the note_pad-feature atleast 2-3 times per day...

George Eracleous
Veteran developer
London
01/27/14 08:51 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Moestress, First of all, it might be a bit easier and much faster if we could continue this thread at [email protected]. Now regarding your questions. You should initialize the SDK in the onCreate method of the first activity. So inside the method onCreate copy this code "Avocarrot.init(this, "YOUR_API_KEY"); " Then add the rest of the code in the point where you want to call it which I assume is notepad_feature.java Can you please send an email to our support team at [email protected] with the error messages? George

Moestress
Android Fan
Lynwood
01/27/14 04:25 PM (10 years ago)
Quick Question, I am getting the error MainActivity cannot be resolve to a type. I didnt realize the first code was so simple to implement. Am I missing something here?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.