Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 2    Views: 191

yourtownapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 08, 2012
Collingswood, N...
03/19/14 06:20 PM (10 years ago)

map markers

Is there a way to get into the code for maps to substitute a numbered or lettered map marker for each of the generic map markers?

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/19/14 10:48 PM (10 years ago)
Custom pins or custom markers is what you want. That will require custom coding.

wva
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 11, 2013
drunen
03/20/14 06:10 AM (10 years ago)
you could do the same as i did for a company. create a wordpress site with comprehensive goolge map plugin and whern done creating posts with locations. use 1 page to make a geo mashup map. you will have a page with map of all the pins. including driving locations en geo loc form user device. however a step is required to get the webview inside an app to work with the javascript. this should already be the case since javascript enabled = true is in the way it requires something extra that i knew but cant find. since i dont work at that comp anymore and they had the files. resourceful as i am ill get it to work again.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.