Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 5    Views: 260

Going-Viral
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 13, 2011
Doncaster
11/28/11 03:59 PM (12 years ago)

iOS App Declined - Focuses primarily on marketing or promoting your business

I would ideally like to developer iOS Apps for clients, but had my app turned down because my App supposedly focuses primarily on marketing or promoting your business. Defies belief that a business cannot advertise the fact that they can develop iOS Apps by developing their own App, surely not. Can anyone advise as how to overcome this hurdle?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/28/11 04:26 PM (12 years ago)
It's a tough question for sure. What Apple says they really want are apps that utilize the features of iOS and the devices that it runs on. So, things that incorporate GPS, social media, audio, video, etc, have a better chance of making it through. And, they don't like things that are just as easily presented on a web site...which is often the case with marketing or promotion. Some people have had success by adding a quiz and resubmitting. Others just resubmit, get a new reviewer, and it goes through. If you're is indeed mostly marketing, you'll need to figure out what to add that would make people want to download and USE your app...because they can really just find out info about your company using Google. Mark

Going-Viral
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 13, 2011
Doncaster
11/28/11 04:33 PM (12 years ago)
It already has GPS, non web content, portfolio buttons, clear cache, email, txt, sms contacts. I can add a quiz and Facebook which may help, I've heard people delete and resubmit the same app, to simply get a different reviewer. I'll make a few changes, thanks :-)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/28/11 04:48 PM (12 years ago)
I think it's a good idea to resubmit...probably don't even need a quiz if you already have all that other stuff. I guess the question would be...can the user do anything with your app other than get an indication of what you can put into an app that you would build for them? Because if not, then that might be what Apple is getting stuck on. If, on the other hand, your app has that stuff, but in a way that keeps people using the app over and over again, then you probably have grounds to fight the rejection. Mark

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
11/28/11 05:28 PM (12 years ago)
One thing to look at is the category that you submit it under. I had my Christmas Elf app rejected three times in the Entertainment category, switched to reference, and it was approved first try.

ThomasB
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 23, 2011
Palo Alto
11/29/11 12:12 PM (12 years ago)
Daniel...hmmm, that's interesting. I may have to try reference. Thanks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.