Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 11    Views: 461

sanamionline
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 22, 2012
Yulin, Guangxi
02/20/13 07:22 PM (11 years ago)

iOS app Rejected: Too simple

This is what I got from Apple "We found that your app only provides a very limited set of features. While we value simplicity, we consider simplicity to be uncomplicated - not limited in features and functionality." I had 3 quizzes, I submitted it to the game/entertainment category. What's the matter Apple, not enough violence for you? The guys at Apple must be ADHD or whatever it's called. They must have an attention span of 6seconds and diminishing. ;) Any suggestions on what I could add? What do you have in your BT apps? The idea I have is a simple app to introduce a non profit organization without being technical because the website is too technical for most people. I also had a thought I could just change the category.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
02/20/13 07:48 PM (11 years ago)
Maybe add an email plugin and a call us plugin. They like to see as much use of the device being used as possible. I just had this one approved with no problems. Good luck https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-rip/id603358834?ls=1&mt=8 Dave

sanamionline
Aspiring developer
Yulin, Guangxi
02/20/13 08:55 PM (11 years ago)
I have a share by email, SMS and contact us in the app. The only thing I can think of now is resubmitting in a different category. btw downloaded and rated your app. How did you get the menu buttons at the bottom?

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
02/20/13 09:25 PM (11 years ago)
Hi @Sanamionline! The icons on the bottom are the 'tab' layout option. You can define what images are they with images in the app and use between 1 and 5 icons. I've seemed to notice that Apple really likes this look and tends to weigh in favor of this when reviewing apps versus apps that use any custom navigation - like only a button menu. It may be a simple change that approves your app! Also, search these forums on the words "too simple" - a lot of the comments on these rejections have great feedback on what may help. Good luck! William

sanamionline
Aspiring developer
Yulin, Guangxi
02/20/13 09:32 PM (11 years ago)
That helps -- I'm doing that now That is exactly the menu I was looking for in BT. BT has just so much to offer! Are the icons part of BT or do I use my own? where do you get them?

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
02/20/13 10:07 PM (11 years ago)
I posted this before, here it is again: (search forums for icons). I use the 24px png files in Xcode. ========== I use these and find them very good: http://blog.twg.ca/2010/11/retina-display-icon-set/ And they're free! From the page: "They are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. You may use the icons for both commercial and non-profit purposes, as well as modify them (in fact we challenge you to make ‘em better)." -William/ And they're free! From the page: "They are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. You may use the icons for both commercial and non-profit purposes, as well as modify them (in fact we challenge you to make ‘em better)." -William

sanamionline
Aspiring developer
Yulin, Guangxi
02/20/13 10:16 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 30, 2011
Colorado
02/20/13 11:08 PM (11 years ago)
I just got rejected a second time. I have PDF, URL, HTML, notes plugin, contact us via email, share us by text, share by email, splash, using tabbed layout. They say too simple. -Shane

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/21/13 12:11 AM (11 years ago)
Howdy, One of the things that Apple looks for is interactivity...things that keep users coming back over and over again. Having three quizzes in an app might bring them back three times to you app, but what then? I think that's kinda what they're referring to. Apple also places a high premium on using native iOS functionality. Things like maps, video, music...integrating those is helpful as well. Mark

sanamionline
Aspiring developer
Yulin, Guangxi
02/21/13 03:34 AM (11 years ago)
Shane, I hear you! It will be interesting what Apple says about the next app I uploaded to iTunes last night because I added the new Facebook/twitter plugin I do have video integrated through youtube in the app that was rejected. I think the best suggestion was adding tabs to my app. If that doesn't work I'll switch categories. It's all learning, and learning is fun

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 23, 2012
Spokane
03/12/13 11:40 AM (11 years ago)
I just had a clients app rejected for the same reason. They said it was too simple. We had an audio podcast RSS feed, Facebook connectivity, website, live streaming video and it was still rejected.

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 30, 2011
Colorado
03/12/13 11:46 AM (11 years ago)
I rebuilt the entire app with a different theme and included the buzztouch carousel as well. Just went to review today. We'll see. -Shane

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.