Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 4    Views: 265

Lex
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 25, 2013
Ecuador
01/29/14 08:29 AM (10 years ago)

Push notification is stoping my app

(First, I apologize if I put this in the wrong category, I did not find where to put it) Hi friends, I've been trying to configure push notifications for my android application but I have two problems that I hope you can help me: 1 - When the application starts you see a message that says, "This app would like to send you notifications and simple messages Is this OK.?" I want to translate this text, which can i do that ? I have searched but can not find where. 2 - In that same message, when placing YES, the application closes. Here are the steps I followed to configure PUSH Notifications. 2.1 I have the project number and the API Key (same api key to use in my Google Maps, right?) In my buzztouch panel (Self Hosted). I have also enabled Google Cloud Messages in this project. 2.2 In my android manifest have placed the Project Number like this: <meta-data android:name="googleCloudMessagingProjectNumber" android:value="xxxxxxxxx"/> 2.3 In my Android SDK I downloaded Google Cloud Manager Messages. Am I missing something else? thanks for your help and ideas!

SGB
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 26, 2013
Goes
01/29/14 12:26 PM (10 years ago)
For translation of the text I think you can use the translationfiles. You can found them on http://whitebuffalomobile.com/Localization/localization.html

Lex
Aspiring developer
Ecuador
01/29/14 02:47 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks SGB, i will check that.. about push notification now the app is working, i mean don't stopping.. but, i click YES in ""This app would like to send you notifications..." message, but in my Panel i see 0 registered apps? that's mean that i can't send any message..!... my Configuration Data URL and Report to Cloud URL are filled with default url, and also have Push Notification Settings ON... also noted today that, when i change something in the app from buzztouch panel the app in my phone is not updating.. i see the Refresh message, but nothing happend* *My App is in Live Mode, after changes i click en Publish, but nothing...

Lex
Aspiring developer
Ecuador
01/30/14 12:01 PM (10 years ago)
Well i try with Translations but the message "This app would like to send you notifications and simple messages Is this OK.?" still is in english.. maybe some idea about where is that file to translate it?

Lex
Aspiring developer
Ecuador
01/30/14 01:15 PM (10 years ago)
finally devices are registered, the solution in case anyone needs it is: Place the Project Number in AndroidManifest: <meta-data android:name="googleCloudMessagingProjectNumber" android:value="xxxx"/> But also in bt_gcmConfig: static final String SENDER_ID = "xxxxx"; Finally, create a new Google Api Console Server key, and that key i put in my panel. Thanks NOTE: I have a ne wproblem, when the notification arrives: 1. If the application is closed, the device only vibrates and sounds, but can not see any message pop up, nothing. 2. - When the application is open, you can see a message but the app closes immediately. I will create another post for this, thanks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.