Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 3    Views: 107

Auggnet
Veteran developer
Reg: Nov 20, 2012
USA
04/19/13 08:47 AM (11 years ago)

BT Control Panel Questions (Migrating FROME Self hosted)

Hello, i have been working on an application for a month or two, and i am realizing that the self hosted cp is more buggy, and isnt as updated. The application i create is made up of custom html files that i edit in the cloud, then i go into ftp, and download all of the documents and import them into my project, replace all custom html entries with html doc entries. There are a few reasons why i am interested in switching back to the bt cp. Some are more important than others. 1: Speed. Obviously a self hosted server is slower depending on how you host it, and how much work you do on the app. 2: Not Productive Friendly, i hate to complain, but the little things like the search button not responding to an enter key, and other issues that take an extra step to do. There are some downfalls i see with switching to the bt cp also. 1: No ftp access 2: Unable to customize php 3: Running off of bt servers This is what i need to do, 1: Get all of my bt2.0 app data onto the bt cp 2: Be able to download all of the files into the project 3: Completley disconnect it from the cp so it is offline (using those files) I hope this is possible, if you think there is a way to accomplish this, please respond here. This would help greatly!

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
04/19/13 09:52 AM (11 years ago)
I have a dreadful feeling that this may not work. When you migrate to Self-Hosted, your apps don't appear in your Self Hosted server, so I guess it would't work the other way round as well. Usually people quite like Self-Hosted. I certainly have yet to try it out, but it may well be to do with how you host your site. You could try a different server?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/19/13 09:56 AM (11 years ago)
You'd have to recreate the app on Buzztouch.com. But if you're going to make it offline, I see no need to make the change. Download your project as it is now and remove the dataURL. I think you're making the issues with self-hosted much bigger than they are though. Many of us have no complaints with our self-hosting setups. Maybe you need a new web host?

Auggnet
Veteran developer
Reg: Nov 20, 2012
USA
04/19/13 10:43 AM (11 years ago)
LOL Well it would be nice if they could update it. Really, like the features the cp gets

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.