Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 1    Views: 116

devapps123
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 12, 2012
Sarasota, FL
09/07/14 04:08 PM (9 years ago)

Eclipse error: Error loading screen? The application had trouble understanding what to display

I am running the first app compiled on the self-hosted control panel in Eclipse. The app worked perfectly in X-code. When the Android package is run on Eclipse it has no errors. The home page an HTML Pro page) appears normally when the app is test run on my Android device. However when the links are touched from the home page this error message displays on the screen: "Error loading screen? The application had trouble understanding what to display" LogCat outputs: 09-07 15:58:20.094: W/ZZ(8965): :onReceivedError ERROR loading url: file:///android_asset/BT_Docs/A2F537907C3FB384C0104D9 Description: There was a network error:onPause (BASE CLASS) I have tried re-starting eclipse, updating the software, deleting and reinstalling the app, and replacing the BT_config file. Nothing has worked. Any ideas on what may be causing this and how to fix it?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/07/14 08:36 PM (9 years ago)
Chris1 is of course, the authority on that plugin. But the way I understand it to work is, you would 'add' a screen to the HTMLPro plugin in the control panel page, so it knows which screen you're talking about. And then, again in your HTML 'page' you would create a link to that screen using the screen itemId... Are you doing those steps? Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.