teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
03/21/14 08:43 PM (10 years ago)

Audio streamer plugin

Has anyone been able to use the audio streamer plugin in their iOS app? I have tried everything under the moon, dropbox, spreader, tin deck to host a single mp3 file with absolutely no luck... any ideas?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/14 08:50 PM (10 years ago)
I can't say for single audio files… I put it in our local NPR station's app and stream their signal and it works great. Using Cookup's Streamer for Android as well. Both perform magnificently. The caveat is: the project I refer to is a BTv2 project (haven't tried in v3 yet) and it's using a stream, not an individual file. If it's just going to be 'one' file, have you thought about using some other plugin (like, HTMLDoc) that will allow audio to be played while the screen is active… You can put up some fancy page that matches your mood and let the audio part just play… It's a thought… Cheers! -- Smug

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
03/21/14 08:56 PM (10 years ago)
I just uploaded it to my website. Ive used it in a napolean hill audiobook app for android. Http://www.mysite.com/mymusic.mp3 I tried drop box, google drive, etc, with no luck on those. To see if it the link will work on ios or android plugin, enter the url in your web browser and if it plays it will work. Hope I made sense

teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
03/21/14 09:00 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you for the replies... I will try them both....

buzzbt
Android Fan
Reg: Nov 14, 2011
las vegas
03/21/14 10:45 PM (10 years ago)
Hi all I use http://divshare.com/ you can Play your MP3s anywhere, you can sign up to get 5GB storage free, I try to use dropbox they have limited bandwidth it didnt work for me, if you have lots of files get the Divshare Plans: $39.99/year 100GB storage and unlimited bandwidth i use this plan for the last 3 years it works grate with all platforms for iOS or Android with the AT53 Video Player Plugins and Stream Audio ios, CP Stream for Android works perfectly. What is DivShare? DivShare is the best place to store and share all your photos, videos, songs and documents. Create slideshows, Flash video, MP3 players and playlists, and online document viewers in a single click. All your media and documents are embeddable and shareable from DivShare. And with several sharing and privacy options, it’s fast and easy to share your files with anyone or to keep them completely private. Your files are accessible from anywhere and stay online for as long as you have an account with DivShare.

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
03/22/14 08:04 AM (10 years ago)
For the mp3 files I use in my apps I use archive.org and they work great. When u upload them u will use the URL that shows in the mp3 properties.

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 09, 2011
Heerlen
03/23/14 02:34 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Teamcaz, some good info here from you all. A lot of apps use the Audio Streamer plugin without any trouble. If you want to use a single audio file, just upload it to a server (webhosting or use a suggestion from this thread) like: http://www.mydomain.com/audiofiles/myaudiofile.mp3 and use this url in the plugin. Should work immediately! Hope this helps. Best Regards, Danny

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.