Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 11    Views: 225

mpisani
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Lopatcong
02/07/12 11:25 AM (12 years ago)

Need Help With New App For My Band

I want to create an app for my band for both Android and iPhone. I didn't know if anyone could show me a sample of what they did for a band app. Also, does the app sync up with your gig calendar, songs, etc? How do other get your app? Sorry to be such a newbie but you have to start somewhere. Thanks, Matt

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
02/07/12 12:07 PM (12 years ago)
I made one for my old band, and I'm also making one for my most current band. Here's an example: http://itunes.apple.com/ke/app/modulus/id485311199?mt=8 I didn't put a gig calendar in it, since it wasn't necessary. But I'd probably use a RSS feed from a wordpress site or something (maybe even ReverbNation could produce one, if you use that site for booking). I have 2 different versions of the app. One contains all videos and music inside the app, so no streaming or downloading is necessary (but makes the app size over 500mb). The other is the same except it streams everything so the app size is much smaller. As far as distribution, iTunes. I haven't converted it yet to android. Hope this helps.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/07/12 12:38 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Matt, Welcome to buzztouch! @Stobe has you started in the right direction. I would also suggest that you sign up to be a v1.5 Early Adopter, which you can do from the My Account tab. That gives you access to v1.5 which is much more feature rich than v1.4. Way more stuff you can do, and much more flexible. I'd also recommend you give this doc a read, to make sure you have everything in place to begin your development experience : http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/Things_You_Need_Before_You_Start_Developing_Apps_v1.0.pdf And don't hesitate to post questions on the forum...lots of us here to help! Mark

Bigfishtools
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 06, 2011
benicia, ca
02/07/12 12:58 PM (12 years ago)
Don't get to far into 1.5 youtube videos don't play and I am sure you would like to show some.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
02/07/12 02:00 PM (12 years ago)
why do i keep thinking this should be my niche. i love live music and helping bands. Ian James Piano - that was one of the thing that led me to this place. he's got a nifty little app. i've seen him around here on occasion....(hope it's ok to use you as an example!) check out his app on the itunes store

mpisani
Lost but trying
Lopatcong
02/07/12 02:10 PM (12 years ago)
Strobe - I had one set up fro a free month trial from Reverbnation. It's nice but it's $300/yr and the band doesn't play out that much. GoNorthWest - I'll definitely sign up as an Early Developer and will read through the PDF - thanks. ATRAIN53 - I hate to ask such a newb: question but how to I see Ian James' app on iTunes. I'm not familiar with how to find an app on the iTunes site. Thanks everyone, Matt

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Fredericksburg,...
02/07/12 09:00 PM (12 years ago)
Don't worry about v1.5 and videos. My app is proof that videos play great in 1.5 (hours of video playable). The 'Modulus Full' app has all the videos preloaded in the app The 'Modulus' app has the videos streaming from a dropbox account (vs using youtube) Its worked great so far. @mpisani - shortly after I found BuzzTouch, I noticed that ReverbNation was offering iphone apps for bands. I looked into and, and didn't get far for a few reasons. First, they looked way too cookie-cutter. And second, I was halfway through the process and still couldn't find any reference to how much it would cost. $300 a year is steep, but remember that $99 of that is the for the iOS developer fee (they send all apps now to iTunes on behalf of the band). Either way, I think you'll find what you're looking for right here. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Bigfishtools
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 06, 2011
benicia, ca
02/07/12 10:09 PM (12 years ago)
The 'Modulus Full' app has all the videos preloaded in the app The 'Modulus' app has the videos streaming from a dropbox account (vs using youtube) Please share............

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/07/12 10:48 PM (12 years ago)

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Fredericksburg,...
02/08/12 04:13 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks GoNorthWest. I forgot I only linked to one of them in my first reply.

mpisani
Lost but trying
Lopatcong
02/09/12 11:03 AM (12 years ago)
Does anyone know how to link Reverbnation.com information (i.e. bio, gig calendar, photos, etc.) to a BuzzTouch app? The Reverbnation app that was set up for me for the free month trial has buttons for songs, gigs, atc. as opposed to a menu bar running across the screen. Can this be done in BuzzTouch and if so, how? Are there any good tutorials out there on creating apps, and how to get other to get your app? Thanks again, Matt

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Fredericksburg,...
02/09/12 11:11 AM (12 years ago)
The button layout they have would look most similar to the Button Menu screen in BuzzTouch. I'm not sure about getting the info from RN into the app. If you don't have a ton of shows, you could probably get an event plugin for wordpress, and then generate an RSS feed from that into your App.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.