Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 8    Views: 142

Websitez
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 19, 2013
The Esplanade S...
08/22/13 06:25 PM (10 years ago)

android maps please...

Hi all and thanks for a great experience and also thanks a lot for all your help throughout this app creations. We are still in need of the google maps to be coded and released.... Anyone knows when and /orccan someone help us get the code to release our app... we have been waiting and we tryed so many options .. none would work... Please help us buzztouch Your my only hope...lol Look forward to hearing from you all.. Thanks team Happy Appy.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
08/22/13 09:47 PM (10 years ago)
The google maps work for android but for that you need the old api keys to set it in your project. The release of version 2 of google maps api has changed some things. Your new api keys are not useful for the maps to work on android apps, you need old api keys for that. David and BT team are working on the new BT android core project which is almost complete. The new android core has significant changes made to it with the base version set to google api 11. The work on the google maps version 2 is also done as far as i know. The new BT android core will be available for all within couple of weeks. Hope it gets released before your projects deadline.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/22/13 10:12 PM (10 years ago)
Exactly right, Sandeep! I also already have a tutorial from Smug on how to integrate maps into the new Google Play Services. So we will have a great solution soon.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/22/13 10:16 PM (10 years ago)
You can always use a map in an HTML page, until the full, new functionality is available: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial Mark

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/22/13 10:24 PM (10 years ago)
@Susan- that would be really helpful. I am sure we all will soon get the maps working like the old google maps did. @Mark- I was not aware of including maps by using html. Thanks a ton for the share.

Websitez
Android Fan
The Esplanade S...
08/23/13 04:30 AM (10 years ago)
Great thanks all.. Mark could you please give us more info on how this works for you and for us ... thanks again Ill get on html...

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
08/23/13 05:39 AM (10 years ago)
You can also use launch native apps plug in for your maps.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
08/23/13 06:11 AM (10 years ago)
@-Websitez- You need to use the custom html / text plugin or html doc plugin. Put the html codes as shown in the Hello World example from the link Mark provided in the custom html or html doc you create. Remember to change the longitude and latitude values in the html. But before that you will need to get the google maps api key version 2. You will find all the information needed for getting the api key from the link Mark provided.

Websitez
Android Fan
The Esplanade S...
08/23/13 06:44 PM (10 years ago)
thanks all great work, and so lucky to have people like you guys on our team... hopefully i can let you know about the out come on getting my app out ... we are trying to help people to by getting this app going to help everyone around the world with employment... keep an eye out for it "workapp" let us know to if anyone has time to look though our website and give us some constructive criticism.... https://www.workapp.me hope we can help. connecting people with industries... thanks again for all your help... html is great...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.