Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 10    Views: 292

Timek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 07, 2014
London
06/11/14 05:30 PM (9 years ago)

Assistance Possibilities

Hello Guys, Amongst this community, I can imagine there are alot of experts as well as novices. I am a novice with ideas to create apps, and whilst I am learning to put things together, It is quite a task as I, like most of you probably do, have many other pressing life commitments preventing or limiting the potential. Call it wishfull thinking, but I really would like to I have a dedicated group within the buzztouch community, that could actually drive results as opposed to just making suggestions for one to explore. etc My question is; Is there a way I can get real practical and relevant collaboration, dedicated support, and or actual delivery within this buzztouch community? Kind regards.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
06/11/14 05:59 PM (9 years ago)
Hello Timek, Welcome to Buzztouch! Collaboration? Just ask in the forums and the answers will show up in no time. Dedicated support? As far as Buzztouch concerns, the staff is cool and take care of account problems quickly. As far as dedicated support to help you make apps, well, everyone loves to help each other here but the word dedicated is a bit strong. This is a place where we all pretty much start with no knowledge of building apps and very quickly have apps on the market. Mostly because of this forum. The people here are great. We all want to help you help yourself and see you succeed. If you have any questions, check out the "how to" section and then post your question here. The most important part of making apps here at Buzztouch is that you have fun doing it and before you know it, you're an app developer. Again, welcome and glad to see you here. Dave

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
06/11/14 08:02 PM (9 years ago)
Welcome! You will do well on here. Like Calypso said just ask and we will guide you on your way. Also searching the forum will give you most of your answers to as well as searching buzztouch forums on google. Friendly reminder, regardless of the skill level most of us on here have days jobs, night jobs,two jobs,college and maybe a combination of all of those things. There are people on here that do make a living off of buzztouch whether its making apps for clients or themselves. With that being said we have to make sure the bills are paid etc., but after that we will do our best to make sure you succeed. It stills blows my mind how good the community of buzztouch is to everyone one. Depending on what you need help with most everyone helps for free. Custom coding, artwork, or any other custom thing is mostly where paid help goes in.I havent done custom work but Ive helped alot free. The driven results come from exploring the suggestions. Really the only best way to learn. Waiting to see your first app!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/11/14 09:47 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Timek, Depending on my workload at the time, I might be able to help you out on most things. Simple advice, fixes, tweaks, etc of course I'll provide for free if I know the answer... If you want to hire me on a per project basis and something that requires a good amount of time, I'm open to that as well, just send me a pm with the details and I can let you know. -Dave

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/11/14 10:09 PM (9 years ago)
It would be cool to have apps that are made by a team. One person to handle design, another to make custom plugins, another to sell and do client management. There are some informal relationships like this in the community. Trust has to be a big part of these teams, and that takes time to build.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/11/14 10:24 PM (9 years ago)
I agree Susan, that would be great. Like a set of groups for each specialty, maybe with an application & review process to be accepted, then a section of the site where users could reach out to members of those teams for help, where it would be more based on the potential clients project rather than the general knowledge of the BT framework in the forum

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/12/14 12:52 AM (9 years ago)
Hello and welcome to the Buzztouch in general and into forums in particular! You will find that this an unbelievable community of people who want to help each other and do it mostly for free. You, however, ask for a dedicated support, which I am inclined to translate into "paid work of high quality for my money". In other words, you want someone to make an app for you. That is available here too, just post something to the effect of -- "a programmer wanted", -- "contractor work needed", -- "will pay for the services" and the like. Someone is sure to respond, most probably through a private message in the forums, so be sure to set your email details from the beginning. However, the best best way to approach things here is to try to make your own app. You will learn the philosophy of Buzztouch, how we approach app making here, and you will also learn the lingo of Buzztouch. Without it, you will have difficulties in talking to prospective coders that you would like to engage for creation of your app. Judging by other member's experiences, it took them a month from finding out about Buzztouch, to having a published app in the, say, Google Play Store. Anything faster then that is really good, but if you do not know something, just ask in the forums, and you will get an answer or two, or ten, sometimes. Glad that you have found Buzztouch!

CSSZiegler
I hate code!
Reg: May 30, 2012
Monsey, New Yor...
06/12/14 09:38 AM (9 years ago)
Susan, that's exactly what I am planning to do with one of my apps. When I have a documented plan of execution I will post it so everyone will have an oppotunity to be a part of a team project.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
06/12/14 12:53 PM (9 years ago)
Those are good ideas

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/12/14 01:24 PM (9 years ago)
CSSZiegler, that is excellent and shows great initiative! The keys to a shared project like this is leadership, communication, and role clarity (last thing you want to do is step on each other's toes). But it always starts with someone stepping up to be the leader.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/13/14 11:08 PM (9 years ago)
Let us know how we can help, remember to give us plenty of details, such as: - iOS or Android - Control Panel screens or Plugin code - Xcode or Eclipse - Design - Plugin See you soon on the Forum! -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.