Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 2    Views: 143

AppOne
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Apr 03, 2012
London
11/30/12 04:35 AM (11 years ago)

Crashes on different people's buzztouch iOS apps

I noticed that some people have recently reported crashes using 2 of my apps which hadn't come through in my testing. This is not a BT config thing or a gamecenter, flurry etc integration issue. Then I checked the forum and noticed crash reports, particularly related to none ios 6 users. Then I checked comments in app store on other people's apps made using buzztouch, and noticed a lot of complaints about crashes or more to the point: not being able to open the apps at all. Is it possible that some buzztouch plugins or buzztouch 2.0 (with ios 6 modifications) in general has a minimum safe iOS that can be used - that is above the 4.3 default for xcode? Or is it revmob integration? Hmm...

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
11/30/12 05:04 AM (11 years ago)
In my experience in IOS devices, as a user, for many years, I'd say most of the crashes accure due to lack of available memory. If you find am app that crashes, try using a free memory app, or closing your apps, or even restarting your decive, I'm sure you'll find that most app will then, not crash. Miguel

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
11/30/12 07:44 AM (11 years ago)
THe only problem I have come across, which took forever to figure out, was that some older devices such as 1st gen iPads simply CAN NOT upgrade to iOS 6.0... apple won't let them. I usually set my target to 4.3. You can download 4.3 simulators in Xcode to figure out the problem.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.