Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 10    Views: 223

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 15, 2012
Armidale
09/26/12 06:52 PM (11 years ago)

Rejected Yet again

After completely going through the app, changing images and adhering to all the little issues Apple had with the app, they have rejected it again for exactly the same reasons. App.. Scrapped.

LocoLopez
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 12, 2012
Orlando
09/26/12 06:58 PM (11 years ago)
Dont give up, whenever something like that happens to me i just say to myself - Adopt, Adapt and improve. and that can help in you case because you can improve your app in many different ways, so don't give up just yet. Carlos Lopez Social Trail Blazers

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
09/26/12 07:42 PM (11 years ago)
I'm on my 5th submission and I have my fingers crossed. I've been working on my app since January with the whole idea process, creation of files, etc. I first submitted the final application on July 29th using BuzzTouch version 1.4. It got rejected and I immediately adapted to the more versatile and user friendly BuzzTouch version 2.0. At the end of the day, especially nowadays with new plugins in the plugin market consistently being added, rejections are an opportunity to further improve your application. I know how you feel - I've been discouraged before when I felt like I made monumental changes only to get shot down. Keep at it and the persistence will pay off. Nicholas

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Armidale
09/26/12 10:21 PM (11 years ago)
Extremely frustrated, it only got rejected today. Must say the shine has worn off a little. whats the point of hours and hours of work when it means nothing at the hands of some "reviewer" at apple that may reject it for some bogus reason anyway. Pointless.

theMonster
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 18, 2011
US
09/26/12 10:31 PM (11 years ago)
Add a Quiz plugin, it's pretty much guaranteed to get in if your getting the "Not enough functionality" monolog from the reviewers.

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Armidale
09/26/12 10:34 PM (11 years ago)
It has a quiz, A location map, an image gallery, an image uploader, as well as a mobile based forum.. it has plenty of functionality

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
09/26/12 11:22 PM (11 years ago)
I would suggest possibly adding Scringo to your app (http://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/ScringoBT_PDF.pdf). Personally, whether my app gets accepted or rejected this time around, I've seen what Scringo can do and I believe it can be an invaluable part of any application bringing back users to use your app for both the content and the social interactions it could bring. You should try it out - it may be just what the doctor ordered. Either way, just keep at it and don't give up. I know someone who is a pro at building apps and had one of his app rejected 8 times before gaining approval. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point, but persistence will pay off. I've also heard that if you delete your app on iTunes Connect and resubmit with a new title, you get a new reviewer? That could be a last ditched effort, but I don't necessarily think it's the best way to work around this. Let us know how it goes! Nicholas P.S. What was the rejection issue code? I've gotten issue 10.6 in my last 4 rejections for virtually the same reasons. I even had an in-phone hearing for an appeal I made with an Apple representative and even he could barely give me any suggestions. It can be deflating, but you just gotta keep at it.

theMonster
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 18, 2011
US
09/26/12 11:24 PM (11 years ago)
@SkullyFox So, exactly what was the problem with you app?

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Armidale
09/26/12 11:31 PM (11 years ago)
I have tried and used Scringo before - it caused errors in my projects, and as i had the mobile forum system in place with private messaging, it had the "social" texture to it that i felt it didnt need scringo on top of that also. The issue was actually 10.6 - they claim images in the app were "blurred or jagged" suppying screenshots - i replaced said images, tidied up the code a bit, removed alot of the URL pages and embedded it, re-submited very happy with the modifications i had made and confident it was as good a quality, if not better than alot of apps i see gete submitted (but im sure most devs think that) - and it got rejected for EXACTLY the same reasons - not even 20 minutes after going into review. and @GraviousWolf_PE - i have removed and resubmitted the app twice in that manner..

Nick Langley
Apple Fan
Reg: May 08, 2012
Birmingham, Uni...
09/27/12 02:35 AM (11 years ago)
Heres a couple of threads on app rejection and how to avoid it. even some of the most successful apps get rejected a bunch of times. http://10base-t.com/unofficial-appstore-rejection-criteria/ http://mobileorchard.com/avoiding-iphone-app-rejection-from-apple/

CodeMeNot
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 02, 2012
Sydney
09/27/12 09:45 PM (11 years ago)
Hey Skully. Keep going with it. Its quite annoying and more than frustrating what after waiting 10 days it gets rejected. Let that just build you up again though to keep working and refining it! Sure there are some ****'s out there but keep trying. If you want to provide me with some screenshots go for it! I not saying im an expert by any means but a second opinion is always good. Keep at it mate and do it for STRAYA!! haha :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.