nonzwakazi
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 11, 2015
gauteng
02/26/15 11:26 AM (9 years ago)

problem parsing the package

Hey guys,the message "problem parsing the package" appears when I try to install my app on an android 2.3.6 Samsung pocket,is it because of the code of the OS is outdated. Because the app runs flawlessly on 4.1.2 jellybean

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
02/26/15 11:54 AM (9 years ago)
Yes, you'll only be able to run the apps on 4.0 and above, unless you become a member and then you can get the old version of bt that supports version under 4.0 .

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/26/15 12:03 PM (9 years ago)
You can also try changing this line in the AdroidManifest.xml file from this: <!-- app requires Android 4.0 or above on device --> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14"/> To this: <!-- app requires Android 4.0 or above on device --> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10"/> And see if that works. It all depends on if the code is backwards compatible with that level of Android. I wouldn't recommend going back to BTv2, because then things won't work well on the newer devices. According to the Android Dashboard (https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html) only 7.4% of users are running 2.3.6. You're much better off targeting newer levels. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.