Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 100

razzledee
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 21, 2012
Brisbane Austra...
08/17/12 02:17 PM (11 years ago)

User authentication/shared preferences/php

Hi all I have been looking at using the login plugin as I will need user details in order to tabulate local and high global scores for an android quiz. The problem is is that I don't want the user to have to login each time but rather just once and the details are remembered. I figure I will have to add my own backend script to achieve this. I know that you can use shared preferences in eclipse but how would that be incorporated into buzz? I've also found a really good php/java/xml script that works well on android using mysql for the data storage and json output. This allows the user to register but also to have to login each time. Am struggling with figuring out how to create a one time user registration with this. Am not sure if this would be done in eclipse or whether I have to create a persistant session cookie in the php script? There are heaps of php tutorials on how to create logins/registration but I haven't found any that show how to do what I need. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
08/17/12 05:22 PM (11 years ago)
localStorage is your solution. I understand how it works with html but not with java (native coding). Fred

razzledee
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 21, 2012
Brisbane Austra...
08/17/12 05:27 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks Fred... I may have to resort to that. Do you have any such scripts on your website?

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
08/17/12 05:44 PM (11 years ago)
I have an article to contains all I know about localStorage. Continue to add info as I acquire it. Hoping to tackle android & localStorage soon. Fred

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.