Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 110

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
02/27/13 05:14 PM (11 years ago)

Tabs

May be a silly question but I couldn't find a answer. Can you put tabs on the bottom on other pages other than the main menu page. I want to do a menu with image but want the pages that the menu is directed to to have three tabs on the bottom .. Is this possible.. Are there any papers for this or easy directions for a novice.. Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/27/13 05:50 PM (11 years ago)
Ok, let me think this through for a second... You want tabs on the bottom... and when you move to a different screen, you want 'different' tabs? or you want NO tabs except on 'certain' screens? Hmmm.... I can say "this cannot be done 'Natively'. Meaning, yes it 'can' be done, but you're talking about a fair amount of code modification in the App, not just the plugin. And there is also 2 Operating Systems to deal with. Sadly there is no tutorial on this; I'm not sure if anyone has tried it yet. For the moment, without modification, you can have tabs, or not. But if you decide to have tabs, those tabs are 'global' within your app. Its possible you might want to customize some HTML pages to 'look' like they're bottom tabs, but really an image map to another page, or some solution similar... Cheers! -- Smug

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
02/27/13 06:03 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks Smug Looks like I will have to wait on that.. Can i put tabs on the bottom of a menu page..not a simple page but the with a another menu plugin ie.. menu with a image or the bta menu.. etc

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/27/13 08:04 PM (11 years ago)
Tabs are either used, or they are not used. If they are used they will be seen throughout the app. Think of tabs as a 'bookmark' of sorts... You must have two screens (or more) to use a tabbed layout. Tabs go directly to a screen. A Screen that is associated with a tab can also be a menu choice in another screen; remember, the tab or menu calls the screen; the screen calls nothing. Each Tabbed screen can be a menu screen, or a display screen. It cannot be an action screen (Call Me) If you want, you can have up to 5 tabs in a BT Project. All tabs are on the bottom; no exceptions. Of course, you can change things and do whatever you wish, but 'by default' this is how it works. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.