Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 4    Views: 342

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
01/01/14 08:56 PM (10 years ago)

Finding your current longitude + latitude app

Hi guys, Just wanted to give you a handy app I am using all the time this week. For my next app (another tourist guide), I am on the move while collecting data. Since I don't have one of those fancy MacBookThingys, I'm relying on my iPhone and iPad purely. I'm strolling round the streets with my iPhone, plotting places on the streets. I use this handy app, which purely finds your latitude and longitude. I have tried many longitude and latitude apps, but this one is the most accurate, and easiest to use. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-latitude-longitude/id668745605?mt=8 I stroll down the streets of the Scottish capital with my iPhone giving coordinates and I type them into my iPad on the spot. So far, it's a working formula!

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
01/01/14 08:58 PM (10 years ago)
Oh, and to all the people in the world, have a very great 2014! Good luck to you all.

bigPaul
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2013
Darwin
01/01/14 11:07 PM (10 years ago)
Hey Thomas, why don't you make an app using smug's message location plugin! Save dragging your iPad around, just walk around with your phone, press a button at each location to shoot off the co-ordinates to your email or ipad so all the data is sitting waiting for you at home! Obviously a basic app like that not worth putting through on iTunes, so you could add it into your woodstock app (maybe make access via an admin login page if you dont want others to use) or get a cheap android phone so you can do a basic dedicated personal app to collect your data easier! Cheers, Paul :)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/02/14 09:34 AM (10 years ago)
I like Paul's idea! Also, remember to give that app developer a good review! -- Niraj

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
01/02/14 05:49 PM (10 years ago)
Paul's idea is fantastic. I am just wishing I thought of that before I set out on the move! The problem is that I'm now on the move, and I didn't install that plugin on any of my apps. Argh! That means I can't just add it in the control panel. When I get home, the first thing I'm doing is getting this as a private app on my iPhone. For this trip, my method will do. As it turns out, the time will have to be spent somehow. It's whether I want to be on the street doing it, or in my warm heated house listening to music. Actually, you may be surprised to hear that the entering data on the spot is not too time consuming and at least I don't have to remember about it after the event!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.