Chris from Stafford
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
10/29/13 04:15 AM (10 years ago)

Learning slowly

I've started building my first app and so far I think I'm getting to grips with the basics and once I have all my screens sorted will be tackling my first submission to the Apple Store I think I understand the way the buzztouch control panel works. I like the way as you build you can update on the device. I have my iphone plugged in and it's much better to see on the phone than the simulator. I wondered what happens if you get an app up and running, does the control panel work in the same way? When you add say a page and update your app will it also update without having to resubmit to the app store?

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
10/29/13 04:54 AM (10 years ago)
hi dude,dont forget to test on both iphone 4 and 5, thats where the emulator is great, ive got 4, and if you use emulator, it shows the screen is longer on 5, so you have to adapt your screen to fit both, that is if your designing for both, and as for the updates, the only updates that show on the app when downloaded from the store, are ones submitted to the store, the updates will show on your development phones though, im not an expert on this, theres loads of guys on here that have been doing this while, there great bunch and always give you great advice, only been doing it couple months myself, lettle tip, if you get rejected because not enough content, get more info in there and add push, that got mine through cheers sean

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
10/29/13 05:20 AM (10 years ago)
When you publish your changes in the BT control panel, they will update in the live app thats already in the app store, as long as you are not using a new plugin that was not included in the bt_plugins folder. If using something new, you'll need to submit an update... but if for example just adding a new custom html page, and you already had the custom html plugin in your bt_plugins folder, the app store users will just get a message saying the content has been updated and will ask them to refresh.

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Stafford
10/29/13 07:15 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the info Yes been seeing how it looks on all emulators as well as my phone and so far so good. Just getting my layout into some kind of order and getting it looking how I want before I make my first submission. I am hoping to add push notifications - looks a bit daunting on the guide but will give it a go. I have appreciated all the help and advice I have had so far. Great Forum and nice helpful friendly folk! Luckily you dont get bombarded with lots of technical stuff which is good for me as I'm not too good at code etc.

Chris from Staffor...
Aspiring developer
Stafford
10/29/13 07:43 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the info Yes been seeing how it looks on all emulators as well as my phone and so far so good. Just getting my layout into some kind of order and getting it looking how I want before I make my first submission. I am hoping to add push notifications - looks a bit daunting on the guide but will give it a go. I have appreciated all the help and advice I have had so far. Great Forum and nice helpful friendly folk! Luckily you dont get bombarded with lots of technical stuff which is good for me as I'm not too good at code etc.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
10/29/13 07:51 AM (10 years ago)
the push side isnt that bad, just remember to use cut and paste with the code :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.