Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 5    Views: 149

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
12/04/13 03:27 PM (10 years ago)

Download Plugins from Buzztouch Account Solution for Self Hosted Users

Hi guys, Quick solution, if your hosted with hostgator or godaddy, downloading plugins from your buzztouch account via your self hosted control panel may not work, it may just stay stuck on installing. This is becuase hostgator is blocking the script that connects to buzztouch.com from your self hosted control panel. To fix this, go to your control panel, try clicking on "Download plugins from your buzztouch.com control panel", then as it shows what you have, hit the "install" on one of them (they should all say they need to be updated). Watch it stay stuck on "Installing" you need to do this so Hostgator can see the most recent script call that's failing or getting blocked, it makes it easy for them to find. Let them know it's calling from the URL: http://YOURDOMAIN.com/BT-Server/admin/pluginsUpdate.php They'll be able to find it quickly. Let them know you need it WHITELISTED so that all scripts can connect and function correctly. As far as I know, GoDaddy won't let you do this, Hostgator will. Any other host, you will need to ask them, no idea! Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com/market

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
12/04/13 03:36 PM (10 years ago)
That is something I needed know. Thanks Joe Sprott Bodacious Media

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
12/04/13 08:30 PM (10 years ago)
thanks, i'll see how it goes with my hg account

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
12/04/13 09:03 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks David... I was getting a 404 error when I tried to download a plugin from the buzztouch server. My hostgator helper said it was a "mod_security rule is what is causing this" for me. It took him a few minutes but he fixed it for me. He said that he whitelisted the rule. Hostgator seems pretty cool. BT 3.0 is my first attempt to self hosting. Having fun with it! Thanks for your post Dave

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
12/05/13 12:46 AM (10 years ago)
I didnt get any errors, but when I select the plugins precompile, the ones that are needed doesn't appear after i download and unzip is this the same problem

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
01/30/14 03:45 PM (10 years ago)
Did you fix this?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.