Brian Potts
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 04, 2013
Harrisonburg
11/10/13 06:13 PM (10 years ago)

Easiest way to just add some text on a screen?

I am making an application that has a menu with a bunch of different dining halls you can click on, and then once you click on the desired one, I just want it to display a text screen on what days and what hours they are open. I tried html files, but the formatting gets messed up when I run it in a simulator :( Any ideas? Plugins?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/10/13 07:24 PM (10 years ago)
Genuinely HTML will probably be the easiest. If the formatting is being annoying, you might want to google some information on formatting an html page for mobile. There are CSS tags that will make things look spiffy on a mobile device. Otherwise, if you're working with xcode, the PDF plugin will render the document normally, scaled correctly for the device. However it doesn't work the same seamless way on Android. I'd spend a little time with HTML, so when you do get it, it'll work on almost any device you throw it on, improving your cross platform capability. Cheers! -- Smug

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
11/11/13 01:09 AM (10 years ago)
What I would do is to have the image of the hall as a background image, while there are invisible buttons on top of it. The way you would do this is to use the xib menu plugin. Then you could design the buttons so they are on top of the hallways. The button would then link to text pages, or to nicer looking PDFs or something.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.