Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 1790

Jennyapps
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
Tasmania, Austr...
07/07/11 06:17 AM (12 years ago)

Still trying to resolve UIKit/UIKit.h no such file or directory

Hi gang I have the latest Xcode 4.0.2 so the video tutorials are pretty much useless for me. Anyone tell me how I can resolve this error by stepping out the options... really simply... Would be great Many Thanks Terry

birwin
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 29, 2010
location unknow...
07/07/11 10:05 PM (12 years ago)
Hello Terry, I have an older xcode 3x version, but I ran into a similar problem a while back. For some reason, the UIKit framework was not installed when I opened up my project in xcode. When you open up your buzztouch project in xcode, there should be a folder called Frameworks. If you expand that folder, it should list all of the currently installed frameworks. If UIKit framework is not in there, you will need to manually it in the Frameworks folder. In xcode 3x, you can simply right click on the Frameworks folder and select the menu option Add Existing framework and a list of frameworks would pop up, then you would simply select UIKit from the list. Since you have xcode 4, it may be a bit different. Here is a blog post with some screenshots that walk through the process: http://www.thinketg.com/Company/Blogs/11-03-20/Xcode_4_Tips_Adding_frameworks_to_your_project.aspx This seemed to help me with my situation a while back. Hopefully your issue can be resolved with this too. Best Regards, Brian-

Jennyapps
I hate code!
Tasmania, Austr...
07/10/11 08:46 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks Brian. I really appreciate your post :D Will try this later tonight.

Jennyapps
I hate code!
Tasmania, Austr...
07/11/11 05:32 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Brian Did what you said and followed the link instructions, however when I get to the add frameworks UIKit is not listed :( See here -------> http://twitpic.com/5otg12

birwin
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 29, 2010
location unknow...
07/12/11 10:04 AM (12 years ago)
Hey Terry, That's really strange, something may be broken... You can try to add the framework manually by going back to the same Add Frameworks screen you showed me in the pic. Looks like UiKit is not listed in your list of available frameworks, If you click on Add Other on that same screen, you can try to manually map the UiKit framework. After you click on Add Other, you should see a file finder pop up. The path to the iOS Frameworks is long, here it goes: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks See if the UiKit framework is in there, if it is, then select it and apply the changes. You will need to restart Xcode and Clean All Targets before you attempt a build. If it is still no go, you may need to uninstall/reinstall the SDK. If it gets to that point and you have paid your apple developer fee, you may be able to open a ticket with apple support. I looked around on the net for more info, some folks have ran into the issue of not having their Base SDK setting correct. This can be found in Project Settings under the build tab. Make sure this base sdk has a value like latest iOS. This link has details on how to find that setting: http://iphonedevelopertips.com/xcode/base-sdk-and-iphone-os-deployment-target-developing-apps-with-the-4-x-sdk-deploying-to-3-x-devices.html Let me know how it goes. Best Regards, Brian-

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.