Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
03/30/15 10:50 PM (9 years ago)

Emulator Crashing

The emulator launches but freezes when I go to push a button and then crashes. I removed the images to see if this was what was causing me issues. It's still doing the same thing. The only thing I see in the logs is "read: Unexpected EOF!." It also repeatedly says "stop" and "pause" next to the Main Menu Item ID that's listed. I don't know if that's a normal occurrence at this point so I thought I would throw that out. Would be so thankful for some help

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/31/15 05:30 AM (9 years ago)
iOS or Android?

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
03/31/15 09:47 AM (9 years ago)
Android

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/31/15 10:24 AM (9 years ago)
If the emulator crashes before you even get a chance to run an app, I would delete the emulator and then create a new one. It seems like a required file is corrupted or something. Mark

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
03/31/15 11:01 AM (9 years ago)
It actually runs but once I press on a menu item, it freezes and then crashes with no apparent reason given. I just tried deleting the emulator a couple of times, I've tried a few different devices and same outcome. And thank you for your videos, I don't think I could have ever made it this far without them. I'm just excited to have the emulator working! The transition from iPhone to Android is a little strange but navigating Android Studio seems to be pretty easy so far.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
03/31/15 11:06 AM (9 years ago)
The emulator is super spotty from my experience. If you have a real device to test on, that would be the preferred method. I'm not quite sure what's up with your particular configuration. Mark

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
04/01/15 08:21 PM (9 years ago)
I now have a device to test it on and same occurrence. Not using images so that wouldn't be the issue. I do get the following though.... 04-01 21:13:02.972 11520-11520/com.myapp E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: main Process: com.myapp, PID: 11520 java.lang.StackOverflowError at java.lang.String._getChars(String.java:908) at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append0(AbstractStringBuilder.java:147) at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:216) at com.myapp.BT_fragment.onPause(BT_fragment.java:206) at com.myapp.WB_menuImageButtons.onPause(WB_menuImageButtons.java:349) at android.app.Fragment.performPause(Fragment.java:1859) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:935) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:605) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:980) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$5.onAnimationEnd(FragmentManager.java:974) at

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/01/15 09:36 PM (9 years ago)
Looks like it has something to do with the WB_menuImageButtons plugin. The animation stuff makes me think that maybe you have some transitions from the menu item to the screen that it refers to configured? If you do, try removing those, make sure you've synced the BT_Config.txt file from the server to your project, and try again. The transitions (like fade, flip, etc), are notoriously problematic. Mark

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
04/02/15 01:09 AM (9 years ago)
That was it! After "removing" them and tinkering around for awhile with the same outcome, I went back to the screen in the control panel and it never reverted to the default transition in the first place. Apparently, it won't let you switch the transitions after you've already messed with it. I just deleted the screen and rebuilt it. Just an fyi in case anyone runs into the same issue. Thanks so much Mark :)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/02/15 07:59 AM (9 years ago)
That's awesome it solved it! Transitions work well on iOS, but not so well on Android. I suspect the reason it didn't get fixed right away for you was that the config files weren't synced. In any event, glad you're up and running! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.