Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 6    Views: 103

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
12/19/14 05:07 AM (9 years ago)

Re large app on self hosting

Hi guys, don't know if anyone can help, Ive uploaded a large live app of mine from here to my self hosting, it has 1600 users at the mo, so im trying to change the design and add new plugins, without affecting the live app, so i transferred it across to self serve to work on and upload new binary to the stores, the app has 5000 screens plus and works great on buzz servers, but the one Ive transferred across, when you try and look at the screens option, it searches for while but doesn't show me any screens,the app copied over ok and other smaller app on my self serve shows the screens, any idea whats wrong here, thanks sean

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/19/14 09:22 AM (9 years ago)
Help us to understand better ... Is the problem that the Self Host Control Panel is not showing the Screens? Is the problem that your newly downloaded app package from the Self Host is not showing the screens? How did you transfer the app from the Buzztouch.com server to the Self Host server? -- Niraj

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/19/14 10:14 AM (9 years ago)
Transferred the app using app copier plugin (used this few times, works great) app transferred ok, when I then try and access the screens via control panel, it looks and then stops looking, but doesn't show any screens, or errors, this is only happening on this app(I'm thinking it's something to do with the size of the app) and if there's some settings in the backend that is timing out. Cheers niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
12/19/14 04:19 PM (9 years ago)
You might have to hire Chris1 to take a look at the data to ensure the transfer completed. -- Niraj

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/20/14 02:22 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks niraj, i fiddled around with the BT_config.text on the server, it wasnt carrying the whole file over, was stopping right at the end, made sure they matched all the details on self serve, and it worked. cheers dude sean

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
12/20/14 09:09 AM (9 years ago)
Yay! :-)

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/30/14 05:07 AM (9 years ago)
Still having problems with this app and my self serve, after getting it working its now decided to not work again, its not showing any screens in the self serve, when i first upload the aoo using chris1 app copier, i notice that it didnt copy the bt config file over, so i duplicated the one on buzztouch, changed all the settings to match the app in my self serve, and upload back to the server, when i change settings in the self serve app, it changes the bt config file, so i know its connected to the app, problem is when i look at the json data in the self serve, within the app itself, it only shows 3.2 mb of data, when the real size should be 3.8 mb, is there a mx file setting in the apps on self serve or is it something to do with my server, have emailed chris, but had no reply as of yet, can anyone point me in the right direction . cheers sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.