Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 383

daku7
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
01/18/12 09:57 PM (12 years ago)

17.1: Apps cannot transmit data about a user without obtaining the user's prior permission

Hello, My App got rejected by apple for the following reason: 17.1: Apps cannot transmit data about a user without obtaining the user's prior permission and providing the user with access to information about how and where the data will be used I am using the Standard Menus from Buzztouch. Could please let me know which menu is transmit data about a user permission? could it be the Location Map?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/18/12 10:09 PM (12 years ago)
Hi @daku7, It could be related to the GPS being turned on if you have location maps...that's the most likely culprit. It could also be related to the Report to Cloud URL, that by default contains location info, device ID, and device type. You could change that to remove those items, and still have a functioning app. It's interesting that you got rejected, because many people use the standard menus and don't get theirs rejected. You could just roll the dice and resubmit your app, and hope for a different reviewer! Mark

daku7
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
01/18/12 10:29 PM (12 years ago)
Hi @GoNorthWest, Here is what Apple says (Specifically, quiz scores are uploaded automatically when the high score listing is viewed. To collect personal user data with your app, you must make it clear to the user that their personal user data will be uploaded to your server and you must obtain the user's consent before the data is uploaded.) This is very odd. I have lots of Apps approved already that have the Quiz. But for some reason Apple is rejecting this app because of the Quiz.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/18/12 11:08 PM (12 years ago)
Hi! Well, if you have other apps with the same quiz situation, and they've all been approved, then I think you have a few options : (1) Challenge the rejection, (2) resubmit the app and hope for a different reviewer, or (3) figure out how to add a screen where the user can opt out of the quiz score situation. I've heard people be successful with option (2), so that would be my recommendation. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.