Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 07, 2011
West Midlands
10/03/13 01:27 PM (10 years ago)

Resolved - Error when preparing package for download

I'm not having a lot of luck, today! I've just upgraded my self hosted server to v2.1.9 I get an error when I click "Package Android Project." I get the usual animation for a few seconds and then everything stops and I get a red error message: "Errors occurred processing your request... 1) Invalid app data directory" I'd be grateful for ideas to resolve. John

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
10/03/13 02:46 PM (10 years ago)
Hi John, I'm not sure what's going on but have a look at you config.php file to see if there is a reference to your app data directory on the server. Check if the directory structure looks right. Mine looks something like this ... define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "/home/myusername/public_html/mybuzztouchdirectory"); define("APP_DATA_DIRECTORY", "/files"); define("APP_THEME_PATH", "/files/theme"); Cheers Darrel

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
10/04/13 05:29 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for your help, Darrel. I'm having a really good look at this and checking th config file etc but I cannot work it out. Any further ideas would be most appreciated. John

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
10/05/13 03:41 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, I'm trying to figure out the app data directory or the files related to it. Is this the folder with folders inside it which hold all of information for each app inside?

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
10/05/13 06:04 PM (10 years ago)
Hi John, The "App Directory" is usually the "files" folder which will be at the top level of your BT install directory. Inside that folder will be all of your apps, plugins etc mine contains these folders ... - applications - custom - plugins - temp - theme Hope this helps a little more!

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
10/06/13 08:26 AM (10 years ago)
Hi ictguy, Yes, it does help. Thank you. I'm trying to find some outside help to resolve this problem so if anyone is interested in helping me to resolve this then please PM me. John

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
10/06/13 02:43 PM (10 years ago)
The plot thickens ..... I also note that each app has an error: "The application's data directory on the file system does not exist? This application does not have a data directory on the file system?" There is something amiss but I cannot see it. I'd be grateful for any further ideas. John

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
10/07/13 01:43 AM (10 years ago)
Hi John, I'd thoroughly check your config file. It sounds like your configuration file is pointing to the "wrong" app directory. PM me this part of your config file: define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "/home/myusername/public_html/mybuzztouchdirectory"); define("APP_DATA_DIRECTORY", "/files"); define("APP_THEME_PATH", "/files/theme"); And I'll take look. Cheers Darrel

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
10/08/13 12:15 PM (10 years ago)
Now resolved - I downgraded my server to 2.1.8 and I appeared to have a different problem. So I reinstalled backup to 2. 1. 9 and hey presto everything seems okay. I have absolutely no idea of why this has happened. I must've reinstalled the server about 20 times so I don't know why it worked on this occasion. The one take away I would give you all is that you should always make a copy of your config.php file a soon as you have a server successfully installed. Make sure you know where you can access this and that you have it backed up safely because it contains a lot of very useful information that will make your life a lot easier when you come to upgrade your self hosted server. Many thanks to everybody who has helped me with this problem. I have been trying to resolve it for several days and spent lots of hours on it and I really appreciate everybody else's time. Thank you all very much indeed. Buzztouch Members to the rescue once again!

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 19, 2011
FootHill Ranch,...
12/10/13 07:57 PM (10 years ago)
I am also getting the same Issue not sure what needs to be done. "Errors occurred processing your request... 1) Invalid app data directory"

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
12/10/13 08:01 PM (10 years ago)
Do you have a copy of your config.php file? What versions are you upgrading to from and to?

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/10/13 08:36 PM (10 years ago)
Upgrading from the older version i guess 2.1.7. Emailing the config file

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/10/13 08:39 PM (10 years ago)
//COPY AND PASTE CONFIG VALUES CREATED DURING THE INSTALL PROCESS /* database server information. Enter your database login credentials here. */ define("APP_DB_HOST", "localhost"); define("APP_DB_NAME", "xxx"); define("APP_DB_USER", "xxx"); define("APP_DB_PASS", "xxx"); /* buzztouch.com User Email Address, Password */ define("APP_BT_ACCOUNT_USEREMAIL", "[email protected]"); define("APP_BT_ACCOUNT_USERPASS", "xxx"); /* buzztouch.com API URL, API Key, API Secret. Log in at buzztouch.com then see Account > Self Hosted Servers */ define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_URL", "https://www.buzztouch.com/api"); define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_KEY", "xxx"); define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_KEY_SECRET", "xxx"); /* application URL. Do not enter the trailing slash (/) after any URL. */ define("APP_URL", "http://www.xtremeesolutions.com/BT-server"); /* application physical path on server, data directories. */ /*These begin with a forward slash (/). Do not enter the trailing slash (/) */ define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "/srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server"); define("APP_DATA_DIRECTORY", "/files"); define("APP_THEME_PATH", "/files/theme");

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
12/10/13 08:52 PM (10 years ago)
It looks ok to me. I compared it with my 2.1.9 install. You'd have to verify that this path below is valid to be sure it's right. /srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server You should be able to do this in an FTP program that you are obviously using. Let us know what happens.

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/10/13 09:32 PM (10 years ago)
//COPY AND PASTE CONFIG VALUES CREATED DURING THE INSTALL PROCESS /* database server information. Enter your database login credentials here. */ define("APP_DB_HOST", "localhost"); define("APP_DB_NAME", "xxx"); define("APP_DB_USER", "xxx"); define("APP_DB_PASS", "xxx"); /* buzztouch.com User Email Address, Password */ define("APP_BT_ACCOUNT_USEREMAIL", "[email protected]"); define("APP_BT_ACCOUNT_USERPASS", "xxx"); /* buzztouch.com API URL, API Key, API Secret. Log in at buzztouch.com then see Account > Self Hosted Servers */ define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_URL", "https://www.buzztouch.com/api"); define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_KEY", "xxx"); define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_KEY_SECRET", "xxx"); /* application URL. Do not enter the trailing slash (/) after any URL. */ define("APP_URL", "http://www.xtremeesolutions.com/BT-server"); /* application physical path on server, data directories. */ /*These begin with a forward slash (/). Do not enter the trailing slash (/) */ define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "/srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server"); define("APP_DATA_DIRECTORY", "/files"); define("APP_THEME_PATH", "/files/theme");

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/10/13 09:34 PM (10 years ago)
Yes the path is correct /srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server I have full access on my host and checked that

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/11/13 12:54 AM (10 years ago)
Try cleaning out the temp directory in your BT Server… BT_SERVER/files/temp make sure your temp directory will 'equal' these results: $temp_directory = APP_PHYSICAL_PATH . APP_DATA_DIRECTORY . "/temp"; Make sure you still have 755 permissions on that directory structure... Cheers! -- Smug

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
12/11/13 02:52 AM (10 years ago)
What Smug said :) Should look like this perhaps ... /srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server/files/temp Empty out that directory. Cheers Darrel

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/11/13 11:37 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the help. Cleaned up the files from temp But still the error did not go. Any other ideas?

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/12/13 01:24 AM (10 years ago)
Is it possible the issue might be because of . in the path /srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server Just a hunch

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/12/13 01:38 AM (10 years ago)
Is it possible the issue might be because of . in the path /srv/www/xtremeesolutions.com/public_html/BT-server Just a hunch

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
12/12/13 04:37 AM (10 years ago)
It could be the "dot" but the error wasn't there from the 2.x.x install? Have you tried starting from scratch again? I assume you have copies of the database and files. Cheers

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
12/17/13 11:18 PM (10 years ago)
If I start from Scratch how will I Import the existing database?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/18/13 02:34 AM (10 years ago)
You make a backup of your database in case things go awry. Otherwise you let the install use the existing db. It won't overwrite anything that didn't need to be changed. Your apps will survive if things go well. If you're starting with a blank db and need to restore it from a backup, usually the db is in a *.sql file, and you would import that using your MySQL control panel (usually phpmyadmin). Make a backup, just for safety. And hope we don't need to use it :) Cheers! -- Smug

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
01/14/14 09:09 PM (10 years ago)
Still stuck with this issue

xtremeesolutions
Code is Art
FootHill Ranch,...
01/14/14 11:15 PM (10 years ago)
Finally figured it out. I noticed that dataDir column in Bt_applications table was null. I think I need to add the Application Dir Path for each of the applications. /files/applications/EA0C5620AC5B9F3C4C074607. Right now not sure what caused it to be NULL. Also If there is a way to reset the value by editing the application, or do I need to set it manually.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
01/15/14 01:01 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, Make sure you have a backup of what you have so far before trying anything I suggest below! If the 'App Directory Path' value is 'not' in the database already, then you'll have to add it manually. But if it did exist for previous versions of your BT panel I'm not sure why it would have a null value. However, I'd think any 'new' applications will pick up the 'App Directory Path' value from your config.php file. Check the settings there and then create a new app and see if that value is getting populated or not. Sounds like you are getting closer to fixing it. Cheers Darrel

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.