Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 11    Views: 158

Known
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 07, 2012
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/21/12 01:43 PM (12 years ago)

Can Apps Created via BT-Server be privately deployed or only to iTunes and Android market

Hello all! I simply love buzztouch and everything about it. First app was created, compiled and submitted. Will spare you the details! Last night I installed BT Server (hooray) What I wonder is this: Can I build apps with BT-Server that clients can download and run on their own devices without submitting them to iTunes? If so, any head's up or direction on the procedure on how to make these apps available for downloading without making them available through an App Store. I've searched the forum and the web and can't really discern this. Many thanks in advance for any guidance, Cheryl

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
01/21/12 02:00 PM (12 years ago)
With iOS you have a few options. http://wp.me/p1ZRa7-3P With Android you have many options. Post to Dropbox, email,.text, hundreds of markets, and many more. Fred

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/21/12 02:05 PM (12 years ago)
Thank you Fred! I will definitely explore this. I have a client that wants to be able to offer to his clients the ability to have an app specific to their business so they can download it, etc. without a need to access the big App locations to do this. Am attempting to figure this one out! Cheryl

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
location unknow...
01/21/12 02:12 PM (12 years ago)
If you choose to jailbreak and use alternative methods let me know how you did it and your experience.

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/21/12 02:17 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks. Will do. I prefer to use standard best business practices so am trying to figure out how other businesses make their apps available for download without having to go through the App Store approval process. It seemed easy in my mind to host them on my own server and to just let the people download them. It's the download and install on their devices part I'm missing! Workarounds..... workarounds! Cheryl

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
location unknow...
01/21/12 02:58 PM (12 years ago)
To install iOS without going thru itunes it's testflight or Cydia

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/21/12 03:04 PM (12 years ago)
Thank you Fred! You are my new hero of the day! Appreciate you taking the time to provide some guidance to me. I'll keep you apprised of what happens. Cheryl

kirthstar
Veteran developer
Reg: May 18, 2011
New York
01/23/12 06:19 PM (12 years ago)
testflight is the best. Thanks Fred for providing such a nice option.

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/23/12 06:35 PM (12 years ago)
Thank you all for your input. I think where I've been confused is with distribution of the app. Once you build an app it really does need to be distributed via an app store, correct? I think what I was trying to do was to build apps for clients and then let them download at will via a link on a website. The puzzle piece I was missing is getting my head around the distribution of apps and the main companies that distribute apps, i.e. Apple, Android, Windows, Amazon, etc. So regardless of how many are built, they still need to be deposited somewhere so people can go and get them. Thank you again, Cheryl

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
location unknow...
01/23/12 06:50 PM (12 years ago)
That's correct, and Apple would like that to be only the iTunes Store, but most users and app creators will / have rebelled. Think Martin Luther nailing manifesto on a door. How dare those heathens print the Bible in German, English, French . . . Chinese . . . Apple will / is moving to open up their devices now that Kim Jong-il has moved on. Fred

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/23/12 06:56 PM (12 years ago)
Fred, you crack me up. Luther is the perfect example in this situation. Will be fun to see where and how this evolves. So much to learn. So much to do. So many business models. So many gatekeepers. So much fun! Ok, I can't put that question to rest now. Thank you again for all your help. I did like the TestFlight concept, and PhoneGap looks interesting, but I truly love the Buzztouch approach and this forum. Cheryl

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/23/12 06:57 PM (12 years ago)
Oops, meant to type I can put that question to rest now. Duh. Cheryl

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.