Tubaad
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 29, 2012
RANHEIM
03/21/14 08:26 PM (10 years ago)

How to get my refresh button back? Catch 22.

I was testing my app successfully on my iPhone. Then I was stupid enough to *hide* the top menu bar. The one that contains the refresh button. Result: I cannot longer refresh the app. And because I cannot refresh the app, I cannot get the refresh button back. I have been reading about some a popup message that asks you to refresh whe a change is made. Not seen any of those. Also read about autorefresh, but that is next level stuff for me. I simply want my manual refresh button back. I have tried deleting the app from the phone, running "clean" in xcode, downloading the app files from BT again. Nothing seems to help. Would appreciate any hints!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/14 08:41 PM (10 years ago)
You can also 'clean' your project, and delete it from the device/simulator. It will reinstall when you run it again and proceed as 'new'. Cheers! -- Smug

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/14 08:45 PM (10 years ago)
Wow. It seems I can't read a darn thing you say, doesn't it? Lol! Cleaning 'should' help. Deleting it from the device is 'really really' supposed to help. If you're cleaning/deleting and you're STILL having that issue, I'd check your BT_config.txt file and make sure that those settings are correct. If they are not, obtain a new copy from your BT Control panel and paste 'over' the existing config. I don't understand why deleting from the device doesn't help; that should reset everything back to 'first run' status… Good luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Tubaad
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 29, 2012
RANHEIM
03/21/14 08:47 PM (10 years ago)
I tried deleting/cleaning once more. It helped :) Thanks alot

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
03/21/14 10:35 PM (10 years ago)
In the future, you can go back in the control panel, un-hide it, publish changes, and then close the app. Once the app has been closed, open it back up, and you should get a popup to refresh the app. There's your way back. Hope that helps. :-) David https://btmods.com/chat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.