Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 14    Views: 288

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 04, 2011
UK, Alcester
11/05/12 05:12 PM (11 years ago)

rejected on 2.2 and nipples

Hi I could do with a little help on an rejection I have little knowledge on 2.2 "We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 5 and iPad running iOS 6.0.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. On launch, your app loads into an image capture dialog. On iPhone, tapping the refresh button eventually causes your app to load to the expected menu." Also the app is a cool USA sculptor called Bill Mack and they dont like logo which has tasteful pic with woman in bronze but you can see a nipple, (leonardo would not have liked apple) it tells me I just need to change logo via metadata but dont I need to resubmit binary to change logo? Any help appreciated

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
11/05/12 05:48 PM (11 years ago)
I can't help you with the nipple. But... Make sure you have the most recent config.txt copied into your xcode when you build for distribution. And I mean identical. You don't want the apple reviewers to see any change when they hit the refresh button. You might not have been seeing the same behavior as they did if you had anything cached in your simulator or device.

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
11/05/12 06:18 PM (11 years ago)
I don't think you need to re-submit the binary to change the icon - just click edit next to "version information" and upload a new one

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
UK, Alcester
11/05/12 06:58 PM (11 years ago)
I will do that stobe, do you mean copying config file from buzz to config in app. Also may I ask I thought I may need to adapt 1.5 app for ios6? Thanks Absentia, I have changed the logo. Thanks for all the help PS stobe - didnt you have two robots fighting each other as your pic originally - I think the new pick is more friendly, I never liked trusted the green robot. pps - the nipple business is like telling the statue of David to cover up. I worry that we have a society that is scared of a nipple, I question the existence of Paris Hilton and she has two nipples avialable to the world. (dear paris never trust a boyfriend with a video camera)

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
11/05/12 07:25 PM (11 years ago)
I'm not sure if changing the icon in iTunes connect will change what the users get in their bundle download (the zipped binary). But it might suffice apple? I just submitted two 1.5 apps without problem, although they were "offline" so apple would not see the refresh button. So the last step before you click "archive" or "build for archive" with your distribution profile should always be copying the config (from the cp) and pasting it into your bt_config.txt file in xcode. This way, when someone (and apple) first runs your app, they get the "finished" app. PS, yes, I used to have the apple vs android avatar. Traded that for my buzzcast icon.

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Alaska
11/05/12 08:33 PM (11 years ago)
right, I wasn't even thinking about the actual user icons - I guess if they rejected the metadata all they want is the big one though..unless it slipped the reviewers mind.

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
UK, Alcester
11/06/12 01:40 AM (11 years ago)
Thank you that helps enormously Stobe and Absentia, I will change the logo in bundle just to be on safe side Great help as always

AlmaR
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 13, 2011
location unknow...
11/16/12 08:02 AM (11 years ago)
Hey guys! I'm having the same rejection issue: We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad (3rd Gen) running iOS 6.0.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. My bt_config.txt is updated and is the same as the one at Configuration Data URL. Any other suggetions? I there any point in downloading the whole project again? I have made a couple of chances on Xcode (add some ads, custom buttons, etc) so I prefer not to.

AlmaR
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 13, 2011
location unknow...
11/25/12 04:35 PM (11 years ago)
I finally got approved! I didnt download the project again, what I did was: - Not modifying the app in BT while it is under review (I dont remember doing this the first time I submited but I made sure not to do it this time) - Validate json with http://jsonlint.com/. - Change "screen names" for easy names without special character. I was using a screen name with ":" and another one with "&". I updated my config.txt, rebuilt, resent, re-waited and got approved.

shenry
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Orange County, ...
05/07/13 05:47 PM (11 years ago)
@AlmaR for "screen names" do you mean "Screen Nickname"? I got the same rejection and think I also may have modified while under review. I'll updated my config.txt and try again. @strobe, any chance you might be able to make a little video to show " So the last step before you click "archive" or "build for archive" with your distribution profile should always be copying the config (from the cp) and pasting it into your bt_config.txt file in xcode. This way, when someone (and apple) first runs your app, they get the "finished" app. " this wuld sure help a lot of newbies like me. Thanks

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Alaska
05/07/13 06:03 PM (11 years ago)
Hey, whatever happened to Marko anyway? Haha, back on topic - I'm neither of those people, but I'll try to help you out. it's probably a good idea to avoid special characters on everything - screen nicknames, navigation text, image names, etc. I don't know if it's necessary to go that extreme, but it can't hurt to play it safe. The only thing I can think of that actually requires a special characters is images, specifically when you are designating them as retina or iPad images ([email protected] and image~ipad.png) I'll try to do an easy explanation of what Stobe is talking about. When you go to your project on Buzztouch, you will see a "Configuration Data" option on the left side (or it may be on the top depending on where you are in the control panel). Click this and you will be taken to a screen that shows all of your config data. Copy ALL of it (easy way - just click inside the text box and hit Cmd+A). Now go to your Xcode project and expand the BT_Config folder - there you will find the BT_config.txt file. Click that file and you will once again see a bunch of config data. Now you just need to paste the config data that you copied from the control panel over ALL of that config data. That should do it..your app will now be up to data and reviewers will be getting the "finished" version of your app

shenry
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Orange County, ...
05/07/13 06:15 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks. so I will replace the BT_config.txt in BT_Config folder in xcode with all of the text I copied from confid data from my control panel?

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Alaska
05/08/13 07:00 PM (11 years ago)
Sorry for the late response..yes that's exactly right

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
UK, Alcester
05/11/13 06:29 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Absentia I have been lost and now I am found, it's great to see the forum thread being of use. Will properly be back in a week, but before there becomes a wake, beautiful women crying at my sad demise(a unrealistic desire), lassie not leaving my graveside, David writing an app in memorium to my obtuse questions, Fred and mac apple cracking open a bottle of fine whiskey, and north by north west doing my eulogy. I would like to say I joined the foreign legion but the truth is so less interesting. mark

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
10/09/13 04:33 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Marko, I know you've wanted to come along to every single meet I've held, but they've all been working days. How about this, its' on the weekend this time. Want to see David Book in person? Come down to BuzzDay in Oxford on Saturday! It's the biggest event outside the US, and an event like this won't be happening for a long time yet. It doesn't matter what experience you come with, because it's great to have you here. It's this Saturday 12th October in Oxford. David Book (Buzztouch founder) and Susan Metoxen is flying over from California, and they won't be doing this soon, so make the most out of this opportunity. It's free to come along. There's more info on the forum post: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=570A1F46704CD8245D356F0 Please do come if you can If you're interested, I need to know quickly because I need to know number for bookings and stuff. Please email me. Apologies for last minute notice. Thomas Boyd

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.