Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 3    Views: 118

stephenstafford
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 02, 2011
Southampton
08/12/13 03:18 PM (10 years ago)

GPS Directional Dot

Hi - I'm using the Location Map plug-in for iOS ... is it possible to change the 'You are here' GPS dot to show the directional triangle which shows which way the iPhone is being pointed, as it does in the Maps native app??

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/12/13 03:27 PM (10 years ago)
"Not without some modification to the plugin" 1) You'd have to add code for a compass in the plugin. 2) You'd have to add a snippet to 'hide' the default dot. 3) You'd have to connect your new 'arrow' to the compass code. It's not 'that' difficult, but I haven't tried it yet. However, yes I think it can be done. Cheers! -- Smug

stephenstafford
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 02, 2011
Southampton
08/14/13 08:13 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Smug, would any other mapping experts have a 'how to' guide on modifying the code for the plugin to get the directional dot?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/14/13 06:20 PM (10 years ago)
I don't have a 'how to' guide setup for that... you're the first person I've seen bring it up. But I have a plugin that I'll be re-releasing soon, that will have a map, and a compass on the same page. If you obtain it, you'll have a bit of code from which to cut/paste/test to see if it's what you want. It'll be a few weeks though. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.