Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 467

Pogden
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 03, 2011
Surrey
06/11/19 02:56 PM (4 years ago)

Problems with HTML Pro plugin screen on Android loading from a URL

I am updating an app that I had built quite a few years ago on Buzztouch, and is currently live on both iOS and Android. I am using the HTML Pro plugin for few of the screens. When I originally submitted the app to the Google play and Apple App stores I had stored the html files locally within the app. I now want to change the information on these screens without recompiling and submitting to the app stores. I have hosted the updated html files on a server and pointed the html pro screens to the urls of those files. When I refresh the app data and look at the screen on iOS everything works perfectly, but the Android version does not. If I open the url in a web browser it works perfectly no matter the device or browser. It just doesn't work properly within the Android version of the app. Has anyone else encountered an issue like this that may have some advice? I would rather not have to resubmit every time I need to change information on these screens. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The app is called "Robar Industries" and is available on both the Apple Appstore and Google Playstore if you would like to take a look.

Pogden
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 03, 2011
Surrey
06/11/19 03:14 PM (4 years ago)
Okay I must have jumped the gun on posting this to the forum as I have solved half of my problem already. I changed all of the references to images within my html files to full urls and now they show up perfectly. The second half of my problem is that I have a java script slide show that is not animating anymore. Any ideas? I'll post if I come up with a solution.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.