Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 285

dgtldnky893
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
San Rafael
07/18/13 12:32 PM (10 years ago)

2nd rejection. Please advise.

I am developing an app with several medical guidelines and protocols. The first rejection was the typical rejection that the content should be a book, not an app. I added a quiz and just got this rejection: 10.6 We found the following issues with the user interface of your app: - Poorly refined, simple tacked on quiz experience with no significant features, for example: progress tracking, proper use of space on screen, - Did not integrate with iOS features. For example, the user should be able to interact with your app content, like sort, list, bookmark, customize, etc. - Did not include iOS features. For example, it would be appropriate to use native iOS buttons and iOS features other than just web views, Push Notifications, or sharing. - Main purpose of the app is only text pages with unrefined multi level back button dependent navigation. Primarily only ebook functionality. Has anyone experienced this and have any ideas for a resolution? I'd be happy to send someone the files to take a look at. Thanks in advance.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/18/13 01:27 PM (10 years ago)
What components make up the bulk of your app? If it's a large group of HTML pages, and a Quiz, they're probably going to be a bit fussy. You can continue to add more components, or you can do a bit of 'enhancement' to improve the visual quality of your existing material. Try using a custom font for your Menus and Title Bars. Use MGoBlue's guides for customizing the Navigation Bar and/or Tab Bar. If you can spruce up the appearance, that will go a long way. Cheers! -- Smug

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
07/18/13 01:52 PM (10 years ago)
Can you stick a few screenshots on Dropbox or something so we can have a look? As Smug said, it would help to have some kind of description of the screens you use. Cheer up, we'll sort you out :) Farcat

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/18/13 02:20 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, some screenshots will help us to help you. Also, and just a thought, if you remove the app while you are reworking it, when you resubmit, you are likely to get a differnt reviewer. Yours sounds a bit stern - I've seen other apps with in the store that sound like yours and clearly the content is what makes it. Sometimes a different reviewer sees things differently.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.