Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 332

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
11/28/13 11:14 AM (10 years ago)

App intended for kids rejected for need of parental permission

My first attempt to make an app for kids has been rejected for the following clause- 24.3- Apps primarily intended for use by kids under 13 must get parental permission or use a parental gate before allowing the user to link out of the app or engage in commerce A screenshot was attached in the Resolution Center which shows the More tab screen of my app. This screen contains 4 menu list items namely- 1. Give Feedback which directs the users to rate the app on App Store, give a feedback to us via email and a back button. I have used Apprater plugin for this screen. 2. Share this app. This item is an action menu which allows users to post message on social networks, email and sms. I have used Share Menu plugin from Jack Chasen for this action. 3. About- This screen gives details of the app. This is a custom html doc. 4. Privacy policy of the app. This is custom url plugin screen which shows how the app collects user data. I am not sure which of the above 4 features on this screen violates the guidelines in the section 24.3. Can anyone kindly guide me in correct direction. Thanks.

shenry
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Orange County, ...
11/28/13 12:20 PM (10 years ago)
I saw a post on Stackoverflow about this. His solution was to delete out-going links. He said "update with out-going links removed is approved. It took 20 minutes to get reviewed after waiting for review for 8 days." So maybe your Share feature is causing the problem.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
11/28/13 12:24 PM (10 years ago)
I too was thinking about that the share feature is causing the problem but i was not so sure about it. I will take a chance with the share feature removed and resubmit this app again tomorrow.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/28/13 03:27 PM (10 years ago)
Good Luck on this… Let us know what happens, Sandeep. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.