Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 16    Views: 69

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 15, 2012
Armidale
08/19/12 08:36 PM (11 years ago)

Keeping Scringo content black

Hi guys, i have modified all of the local scringo imagery to be black. It has changed perfectly on the Simulator (running all black menu's) however as soon as i run it on my iphone, it all goes back to blue? im sure this is something to do with the app portion of scringo reporting back? unsure of what else i can do to get the menu's to stay black Thanks, Dave

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
08/19/12 08:43 PM (11 years ago)
Hey Dave, When running it in the simulator, did you clean before running? Might be running a older version. Cheers, David buzztouchmods.com

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Armidale
08/19/12 08:45 PM (11 years ago)
Yes i have cleaned, unsure what could be happening - it works 100% and all the menus are black/white as i have modified them, as soon as i install it on my phone and it connects to scringo independant of Xcode - it goes back to blue - it still works all the content is exactly the same. I have seen others do it and maintain the modified menu's etc, however i cant work it out your feedback is appreciated, thanks. Dave

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
08/19/12 09:06 PM (11 years ago)
No probs mate. It should be connecting via the simulator too, so I don't think it's the connection. Could be wrong. Wish I could help more :( Try debugging, simulator isnt different from device in theory, try installing the app on a different device to confirm it's not your device. Cheers, David. buzztouchmods.com

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
08/19/12 09:11 PM (11 years ago)
Log in to your scringo account and change the theme and other settings in dashboard. This would fix your problem

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Armidale
08/19/12 09:34 PM (11 years ago)
Unfortunately not - if it were that easy i wouldnt be writing in the forum about it! Scringo only offer 2 themes, blue and white - i manually altered all the imagery material downloaded in the scringo package so that it is all black menus - this works on the simulator just fine, the modified black menus appear perfectly, however when i run it on an actual iphone they refer back to the blue menus. Perhaps a little more attention to detail when reading others' posts might be a good practice to get in. Dave

Paul Rogers
Android Fan
Reg: May 30, 2011
UK
08/20/12 05:16 AM (11 years ago)
Haven't looked at scringo for a while, but in my version of the ANDROID sdk in ScringoResources\Res\Values is a a colors.xml file with 2 blue hex codes. Is this the same for xcode? I haven't tried it, but if you have a similar file try changing them to black to see what happens?

Crown Solutions
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 11, 2011
MN
08/20/12 06:59 AM (11 years ago)
I think what you are seeing is that every time the app launches it reports back and looks for the profile. Just like BT does with the config file. I would guess the only way around this would be to keep this portion from reporting, but it looks like this is all done on the Scringo backend, so they would have to change it. If each app ID has a specific "profile" (which it must) Maybe they would mod it for you?

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
08/20/12 09:19 AM (11 years ago)
Maybe rename your new black theme the same as the blue delete the blue then the backend would call for blue it would use your stuff does that make sense.

SkullyFox
Apple Fan
Armidale
08/20/12 02:06 PM (11 years ago)
@raveyd - no the iOS version is different, there is one .h file and a resources bundle full of images only. @crown - it doesnt appear to report back for any UI element configuration, apart from the image set it selects from, ie when you select the "blue" theme it chooses all the "xxxxxxx0.jpg" files in the source bundle and the "xxxxxx1.jpg" series when you select the white, I have modified all the imagery to black so it SHOULD be delivering that to iPhone - it just isn't @kittsapps - as above, there are no named "themes" as such, merely series of particularly named images, which I have replaced with my own. Cheers, Dave

Crown Solutions
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 11, 2011
MN
08/20/12 03:09 PM (11 years ago)
I will dig into this when I get home. I have it running on a test app. I know it must report back for what icons to use, because i can change my (Scringo) control panel to turn off and on certain buttons, and it will dynamicly change. Same with the default color options. We just have to figure out, is it reporting back and using something from the SDK (in app) or is it soemthing it pulls from the Scringo server. I would think it has to be the icons included, otherwise why would they be there? If I have any luck I will let you know!

EMKAY
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 02, 2012
ATL
09/06/12 01:16 AM (11 years ago)
Hey....i figured that you managed to get scringo initially working on android....i seem to be running into errors in eclipse on step 5 of installing it...image below....help would be appreciated...my first time attempting to implement scringo...thanks http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2281/scringoerror.png

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
09/06/12 01:30 AM (11 years ago)
You have put the code in wrong place. Put Scringo.init(this); below the following line which is the onCreate method (onCreate method can be found somewhere near line 112 on BT_screen_menuButton.java file): //onCreate @Override public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState){ super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); this.activityName = "BT_screen_menuList"; BT_debugger.showIt(activityName + ":onCreate"); After putting the code it should look like this: //onCreate @Override public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState){ super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); this.activityName = "BT_screen_menuList"; BT_debugger.showIt(activityName + ":onCreate"); Scringo.init(this);

EMKAY
Aspiring developer
ATL
09/06/12 01:53 AM (11 years ago)
followed what you said and now im getting this..... http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2281/scringoerror.png ....the error message says "scringo can not be resolved"

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
09/06/12 01:56 AM (11 years ago)
Hover your mouse pointer over the red line (scringo) and a pop up option window will come there from that window select import scringo. Or alternatively you can copy paste the following imports in the imports field at the top.: import com.scringo.Scringo; import com.scringo.service.ScringoAgent;

Sandeep
Android Fan
Miraj, India
09/06/12 01:58 AM (11 years ago)
I will be offline for a while if you get any more problems then you can email me at- sandeepkurne (at) gmail (dot) com. I will get to you as soon as i am online.

EMKAY
Aspiring developer
ATL
09/06/12 02:00 AM (11 years ago)
hey....as far as i can see all errors are gone.....thanks man! much appreciated....will keep in touch....last question...is scringo supposed to work/show on the emulator? because mine does not show

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.